Ok, So This Explains A Lot Of My Falling To Sleep Issues

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Denise Evans, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Chrissy, tell him to check with his school, but I'm pretty sure it will apply. My 17 year old Granddaughter did it two summers, until she got a steady boyfriend that didn't want her to spend that time away from him. And yes ma'am, I set her down and had a talk about being lazy and letting someone else dirrect her life.

I have a saying that she said finally made sense. It is, "I didn't come with papers or a bill of sale." Which took me 15 years to learn. :(:confused:

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I know that I am going off-topic here; but I promise that I will start a new topic on this if anyone is interested.
    I have been meaning to share this with you for a while now, @Ina I. Wonder , and your post about dear Izzy waking you before you have a seizure just reminded me again.
    You might have read my posts in the low-carb diet threads about being on a ketogenic diet to lose weight. (And it is working !) Anyway, when perusing this topic online, I keep reading about it also being used by people who have seizures. One little girl was put on the keto diet, and just by doing that, her seizures stopped.
    This short video explains it better, and if you search it online, there is a whole lot of interesting information about the ketogenic diet and seizures.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  3. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Wow ... I'm almost there now. I eat mostly all veggies and fruit now, with little meat or starches. It wouldn't take much for me to do it. After the two Michaels died, my diet change drastically. Pretty much back to the way I use to eat when I was on my own.

I wonder if that would account for my weight loss. Michael always wanted me cubby, but that was never comfortable.

I'll check it out, and ask my doctor if this would work for me. Remember my cholesterol is over 300 now. That would be my only worry. I am fighting not going back on lipitor or crestor as is. I wonder if I said yes to that if he would let me try that diet?

What do you think of that tradeoff?

4. Yvonne Smith

It should bring your cholesterol down, too. I have an app that I use to track carbs, and you would love it, too ! I will message you about it if you want to know more.
    We will get you more info before you talk to your doctor. I just watched a whole keto summit, but I wasn't watching the ones for seizures. I will see what I can find for you, Ina.
    I have my carbs at about 20 grams per day, but I am not sure where you would need it to work for the seizures. I am guessing maybe 30, that is what the bodybuilders and athletes do from what I have been reading.
    It will also help you. Build up your muscle tone, so you won't hurt as much.

5. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Yes @Yvonne Smith I would like to know more. When your ready just message me and I'll call you at your convenience. I am still carrying a cough so I'm staying in as much as possible. Although it is cooler, we are expecting low 90's this week, and the humidity ls high, as well as pollens.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

This thread sure has changed topic.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

That is what happens when a bunch of wonderful ladies get together and start chatting unsupervised, @Ken Anderson .
    If you want us to stay on topic better, you will have to keep a closer eye on all of us.
    And it wasn't even Chrissy who got us off-topic so horrendously; it was me.
    But , in my defense, it was for a good reason, and the thread was only a joke to begin with........

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Well, I've been gone all day, driving a couple of hundred miles to pick up a bunch of Trump-Pence signs so, rather than trying to figure it out, I think I'll just ban the whole bunch of you.
    ;)

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, I can never stay on topic on forums and yet I don't like "chats" either....can't find my niche. :(

10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Ken is firm but fair!
    [​IMG]

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

LOL! Check this bed out...hmm need more pickles!

[​IMG] (image fromhttp://www.funny-potato.com/hamburger-bed.html)

I'm waiting for my breakfast tray!
    [​IMG] (image from http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/...ts-accessories-designed-specifically-for-cats)

Dinobed?
    [​IMG] (image from http://www.homedit.com/animal-shaped-beds-for-the-kids/)

Or we could always try a shelf.
    [​IMG] (image fromhttp://www.chilloutpoint.com/funny/funniest-sleeping-positions-possible.html)

But really if you can't fall asleep I found an herb Valerian Root that is non habit forming and will let you go to sleep in 15 minutes. Great stuff too for when life keeps you awake in bed or shelf.

Ina I. Wonder and Joe Riley like this.