Ok, Sometimes My Husband's Way Is Better

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Von Jones, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

When it comes to yard work it has been agreed that 'I am the supervisor and tasks will be done my way.' But...sometimes my husband's way is better. In an attempt to release a broken branch caught by another branch I had it all figured out how to get it down. I took the long handled loper and moved the branch below which snapped and fell but not the one I wanted. Johnny grabbed hold of said branch that was stuck and began to pull it against my instructions. So there we were both working to get it down our own way. Johnny's way was better as the branch tumbled to the ground. A big smile came across his face as I stood there holding the loper still up in the tree. I had to laugh.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Ha ha - I enjoyed that read :)

Von Jones and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Think of it as "Teamwork"!
    [​IMG]

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

For a Great Marriage: Work together as a team
    [​IMG]

Meg and Eddie were stuck.

Meg insisted that marriage was hard work — that a couple had to stand together and struggle through a host of difficulties. She believed that challenges were a normal part of any relationship and that they were simply something to overcome.

Eddie thought that if two people loved each other, marriage should be smooth and easy. He believed that difficulties were a sign of crisis and that there should be no problems in a good marriage.

The young couple came to me to find out who was right.

I asked Eddie, “If you have the car of your dreams, what do you do to keep it running smoothly?”

“You change the oil every three thousand miles, rotate the tires, keep your fluids topped off, and make sure you respond quickly when something doesn't sound right.

“Does that take much work?”

“Of course it does,” Eddie laughed, “but if you don’t take care of the details, you’ll pay the price.”

“That’s the way it is with marriage, “I said. “If you want it to run properly you have to take care of it. And that means regular and consistent maintenance.”

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Balance...I tell people he and I balance out the other or try and maintain at least.
    When my side begins to get heavy, he comes along and evens it out ...when his side becomes to heavy ...ok somtimes for him ..I just carry the load, quicker that way:D.Marriage is never 50/50....;)

Don Alaska and Joe Riley like this.
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I like to compare a successful marriage to a pair of scissors. Two very differently designed pieces, that only fulfill their purpose when they are joined together, and held together by God's "rivet: Mark 10:9.

By themselves, they are only two "letter openers".

Don Alaska and Hedi Mitchell like this.