Old Ben's Odd Pet Squirrel

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Tex Dennis, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Sometime back my neighbor Ben found a baby squirrel odd looking thing, he bottle fed it and raised it as his child well it really grew, well the baby grew up to be a BADGER that thing would walk on a leash crawl on his shoulder and wanted to be with him all the time, any dog was deathly scared of it as most humans also. So the freedom day came and Ben took it to the country to release it in the wild and camped out 1 night he released it loose and it just followed him and finally scampered off, the next am when Ben awoke it was waiting for him at his camper and ran in to be with him, it would not leave his side anymore so he took it home again and was happy until he finally moved. One of our meanest animals we have. He could call it to him and all.
    No dog would go near his yard. He could not have had that in the city.

Just sharing my life again. I will post pictures later.

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Tex Dennis A Badger reminds me of the Mongoose, they move about rather slinkily, are fearless and vicious fighters. I've watched videos of a Mongoose getting the best of a poisonous snake; incredible reflexes and courage (?), or, built-in stupidity?
    Frank

3. Tex Dennis

Registered

Frank I saw my K9 German Shepherd cow down to Ben's badger and would not even get no where close to it, she never did that ever to anything before, that thing would make you really feel odd all over. They got along just fine, kindness goes along way I would say. He named it Baby Ben after the clock. BB for short.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Wonder what happened to BB after the move ………….
    Another fascinating story - thanks :)

5. Tex Dennis

Registered

When Ben moved he said he was going back to the country, I never heard any more nor saw him, when he walked his pet if he came upon another they went wild trying to get away from it, I never saw it make any aggressive moves.