Old Lego Lover

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Pat Baker, May 30, 2015.

1. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I was introduced to Lego's with my grandchildren. We had a very large collection and different colors and sizes. The boys and I would sit on the floor and make bridges and towers and all kinds of fun things. The boys started getting older so their mother, my daughter threw the Lego's out. I enjoyed the creation of new things as much as the kids with the Lego's. Now I see there are clubs and all kinds of gatherings of adult Lego collectors.

I plan to purchase myself a new set of Lego's soon.

Anyone here have any Lego experiences?

2. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

There is a fascinating story behind Lego Pat

3. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

I used to be really keen on Lego a few years ago, even buying myself a huge Star Wars Death Star set, which was stupidly expensive (rest assured, my wife scolded me like hell for it). I ended up getting bored of Lego and selling everything, much to my wife's pleasure.

4. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for the video. I like the creativy that having a Lego System helps a child develop.

5. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh yes Legos this is one of those toys that has stood the test of time. I think it has to do with the fact that it challenges a kid's creativity. Did I say a kid, there are adults who work with legos as well. I remember as a kid playing with these blocks, they are fun and because the blocks would interlock the structure didn't come apart till you took it apart. Yes, Legos is a standard and with good reason, the fun it brings never seems to go out of style.

6. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I remember my father bringing a Lego set when it was not called Lego, but market under a commercial brand I can't remember.

However by its unmistakable block building pieces I can say today it was a Lego. That first set was just random pieces to build some of the suggested ideas on the box, the second was packed to build the Empire State building, and then we got a series of Lego boxes to build a whole Old West town.

Actually I don't feel like wanting to build lego, but mostly because I tend to go against the trends, and nowadays Lego is trending ;)