Old Men Pinching Under Age Girls On The Butt

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Faye Fox, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Maybe a letter or email to corporate stating the appalling way the store manager handled the situation may be in order. It may save them a future lawsuit.

Faye Fox and Lulu Moppet like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Whether it’s a corporate chain store or a franchise, the mission statement and the rules pertaining to guest/employee interactions are the same.
    Now, if perchance the store you went to is a franchise and is known as a T&A (in the vernacular) place, then a simple call to the corporate headquarters should stop that in a hurry.
    I doubt seriously that it is a corporate store because nearly all of the managers would be trying to get that brass ring at the top so any mark against their credibility would be a disastrous one and not worth destroying a whole career over.

3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Bess Barber Already did that! @Bobby Cole It was a franchise so I contacted the owner. He said he would look into it, but didn't seem to take it seriously.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Bess Barber and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yeah, he probably wouldn’t especially if he is receiving a little “somethin’ somethin’ himself. Corporate will take it a lot more seriously and maybe even go as far as to send in their own shopper and maybe perform a QA inspection on the property to see if everything is in accordance with the mission statement.

I worked a lot with Mr. Richardson (president of Denny’s at the time) and any major complaint whether it was a corporate store or a franchise brought the hammer down. As a consultant, I would often go in as a shopper for quite a few hospitality businesses and they’re all pretty much focused on excellence in all areas of the business.

Bess Barber, Bill Boggs and Faye Fox like this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Faye Fox

Somehow, if you had gone out of your way to pursue this further, I would view it as the unnecessary intervening of a "busy-body".

Why in the world would you not simply forget about it? By the answers posted, it's fortunate you rarely do go to fast food joints.......for if you did, you would be working at this job long-term. :rolleyes:
    Frank

Beth Gallagher and Lulu Moppet like this.
  6. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I know. Weird, isn't it.

Beth Gallagher and Frank Sanoica like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I agree with this, it is not an actual sexual assault, but it is definitely an invasion of one’s personal space and body. Unfortunately, for many years this kind of behavior by men has been looked upon as normal, acceptable, and some guys even seem to think that the lady should take the touching as a compliment !
    My daughter was in the military, and it has been a serious problem there, and when reported, generally gets the female soldier in trouble, transferred,, or some other unwarranted response.

Unwanted touching is something that doesn’t usually happen to men, and they don’t realize how offensive it is.
    If a man were at work, walking down the hall to get a cup of coffee, and some other man reached out and patted him on the bottom, quite likely the first man would have been totally offended by the unwanted touching, and possibly even punched the “toucher” in the nose.
    However, if it is a woman who is being touched that way, and she punched the man who touched her, it would not be seen the same way as if a man responded to an unwanted touch.

Whether this is a true story or not, it is a very valid topic of conversation, and as pedophilia becomes more acceptable, it is also happening more and more to underage girls.
    Working at a fast food place is not supposed to be somewhere that a person of any age should have to worry about unwanted touching, and I am totally in agreement that it should be reported to the corporate headquarters.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for all the replies! I posed this question to our seniors women group. I was surprised that most felt it was harmless and something nearly every female has experienced. Only one felt it was a crime, because of her granddaughters death. What started as bottom pinching led to other "assaults" by these "harmless" predators and the girl couldn't handle it so she hung herself. Isolated case? Maybe so, but maybe not! Did the girl have other issues? Again maybe so maybe not! I feel senior women need to speak up and do what it takes to reduce such behavior. We see all the liberal women at protest shouting for a women's right to this or that, and they sponsor laws that pass to make such a crime, but when it comes to helping a young lady that is afraid to report or pursue such a minor offense, they run and hide.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In fast food places that I am familiar with, employees are rarely on the floor with customers. Rather, they are behind the counter. Yeah, someone will come out and clean a table eventually, but it seems like an odd place for a lecher to hang out.

10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson Here in the pacific NW major fast food places stay busy. Most of the employees are girls from poor families that take these low wage jobs to help out their families. Mornings especially are busy, both drive up and inside. All the new girls work cleaning the tables, restrooms, etc. Old men like hanging out there, some for cheap coffee, some for other reasons.

@Yvonne Smith Thanks for making the point that the discussion isn't about documenting my story, but how this senior forum feels about such conduct by men, especially older men. Yes, the story is true!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I think it would be quite out of place even if a female guest messed with the help. Jus’ sayin’. Today’s world and all that.

12. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I'm too old to be groped, but I have those crabby days when I really WISH some geezer would grab me so I could have an excuse to slap someone.
    :p

13. Lulu Moppet

Registered

HA! That's funny. Bet you're not too old though. Always some guy older!

Bess Barber likes this.
  14. Lulu Moppet

Registered

That reminds me...............when I lived in Zurich the first time, the Swiss imported Yugoslavian men to do the lousy jobs the Swiss wouldn't do. But, they did not allow in the women. So, there were all these horny men wandering about. One night, my female friend & I were grabbed by this one unfortunate soul on a lonely street. Why unfortunate, you ask? Well, for some reason, we flipped (the straw & camel's back thing) and beat the crap out of this guy and left him in the gutter crying. It was just too much.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  15. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson
    But, those are the places I LOVE to hang out in the most! Could that mean......Nah! :oops:
    Frank