On A Forum Long Ago

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Ike Willis, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

A female poster and I became friends. It came about because I posted something about hunting and fishing. It seems her husband was an avid outdoorsman, and we exchanged email addresses. She emailed me photos of her husband, his successes at hunting and fishing, etc. and I did likewise.
    Some of her photos showed her as well, in a swim suit. Nothing racy, but I noted she had a few tattoos of a certain design on her shoulders. Otherwise, she was kind of slender, with shoulder length black hair.
    One day, I was scanning some nude photos on some site when I saw a woman who looked very familiar.:oops: She was in an outdoor location, and I noticed she had a few tattoos that also looked familiar.
    OMG! It was the same woman. Same tats in the same locations, same hair, but a bit younger looking. I emailed her the photo and she said yes, it was her before she met and married her husband.
    We continued our friendship for some time, but never mentioned that again. At some point, I was banned from that forum and later I was without a computer for a long spell. Always wondered how she was doing but could never find her again.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ike, if you knew her name I bet you could still find her, how long ago was this? Even though I'm intrigued I won't ask why you were scanning nudes. :)

And last but not least, nice to know Im not the only one that's been banned from a forum.

Ina I. Wonder and Ike Willis like this.
  3. Ike Willis

Registered

I looked, using the name she gave me and her husbands first name. He used to email me too. They must have moved away or was using different names.
    No, you're not the only one who has been banned. I was banned on that forum for picking on liberals. Was banned on another forum when they found I had over 25 user names.
    The nudes? Hey, I'm a man. We do that sometimes.:)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Why 25 aliases Ike? I mean I get the havic it can cause, and you might have found that interesting. But how did you keep up with who was arguing with whom?

Ike Willis likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I've had aliases but only one at a time and my reason was to get back on the forum. Hard to have an alias and be true to yourself though. I usually told my friends who I was though. The first time I even told the Admin and he was okay with it, it was the moderator that disliked me.

6. Ike Willis

Registered

This was on a local forum in my area. It was about 20 years ago and was too easy to pass up. Sometimes I would start arguments between two of my user names, and that would draw others into the fray. Once, A liberal on the forum had a long user name. I used his user minus a letter out of the middle. He never noticed. Had lots of fun with that one.

7. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember CeeCee, that's about the time I started looking at other forums. I don't care for bullies or bulling.

I still want to know how Ike kept up with himself. I'm no good at fibbing to myself mugh less others. Can you imagine the number of arguements you could start with yourself, much with other people. You would need a list.

Ike Willis and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I think that's called being a "sock puppet", Ike.

Ike Willis and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  9. Ike Willis

Registered

It was easy. I kept a note pad with all my user names and passwords. I never used more than 2-3 at a time. Some I used for political arguments, and others for sports.
    When they found I had over 25 names, the forum changed everything so it was hard to have more than one. They banned me too. The soreheads.
    Yes. It was fun then, but I'm more of a crabby old man now.;)

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.