On Being The Shortest Student

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Frank Sanoica, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

When I think about this...being the shortest is probably a lot like being being the one who comes from poverty, etc. Short is probably just a definition of not meeting the standard or the definition of the "elite?
    Strange how the "elite" seem to permeate (I so wish there was spell check here) so much of life.

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

And now, a criticism of the joke, itself. Offensive? Besmirching of youth?

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Criticism only in the fact that those two white horses are going to need to be cleansed before ridden again. :)

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Hungarian.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I was short, skinny and wore glasses all of which were targets for being teased in school but I took it like a champion and those that did never became a friend of mine.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Page : None of my business, I realize, so if I offend with personal questions, tell me. I've always been interested in European-born folks coming here, and having to learn English. My Mother arrived at age 5 from Czechoslovakia, then Bohemia, I guess, on the Queen Mary, two months before the Titanic sank. She of course spoke herb native language fluently when necessary, but had an amazingly broad vocabulaery just as you do. My wife's Mother, all of them born here, claimed my Mother spoke with an "accent", the first ever to notice it, if it existed at all. I've been told I talk as though I'm from Wisconsin! (??)

Frank

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Usually if you are a young child when you learn a new language, you won't have much of an accent. Maybe a very slight one. I do speak fluent hungarian but when I lived there for 6 years with my husband because of his work, I was told I had an accent in Hungarian. :)

Throughout all my years in school, nobody ever said I had an accent. Later after moving from PIttsburgh to Chicago, some would say I had an East Coast accent. I don't hear it, so I don't know.

@John Falcon has spoken to me in person and I think he's said that I don't have an accent.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Frank Sanoica likes this.