Oppenheimer

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Beth Gallagher, Feb 9, 2024.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Has anyone seen 'Oppenheimer'? I have been waiting for it to come to a streaming channel near me and I see it is on Comcast Pay-Per-View for $5.99. I have an award code that will let us watch for $1 so I'm thinking we'll rent it tonight or tomorrow night. If you have seen the movie, what did you think?

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Also, there is a free documentary on Youtube. 1 hr 40 minutes long if you are interested...

3. Beth Gallagher

Registered

And these, also free.

4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

OK, and one more. Modern Marvels, The Manhattan Project

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Annnnnnnd, this 1989 movie starring Paul Newman; The Fat Man and the Little Boy (trailer)

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I may give the first one a watch today. Usually watch these types in am or early noon since they don't make me feel good, but I do love history, and this is that.
    I remember the one who created the bomb or split the atom whatever, regretted it.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

I remember years ago seeing an actual test project using pigs in a cage out in the open with several pigs in it, and the bomb went off and the pigs turned into skeletins before thrie bodys hit the ground.
    It was a horrible thing to see ans very real.
    I know too the Bible speaks of something like this happening.

• Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their ton And this shall be the plague wherewith Jehovah will smite all the peoples that have warred against Jerusalem: their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall cons This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their Now this will be the plague with which the LORD shall strike all the peoples that have warred against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their s And the LORD will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem.
      Zechariah 14:12-13 - Bible.com
      upload_2024-2-27_9-3-18.png
      www.bible.com/bible/compare/ZEC.14.12-13

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

We rented the movie, $5.99 0n YT. Will watch it later this afternoon,
    We rented this one on YT ,$5.99.Will watch it later today/

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Let me know what you think, Marie. I haven't watched it yet, though it is now on Peacock network for free so I may watch it later. My husband did watch and said it was "interesting." o_O

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

I will and I did pick the movie one instead of documentary. Guess there isn't much difference except in entertainment. I'll probably end up watching both one day.

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

The documentaries are all free, plus that Paul Newman movie looks good and is also free. I had never heard of that movie before.

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Beth I just paid over 6 bucks for it including after tax, YT didn't get the message I guess. Thats ok we never go anywhere for entertainment now so thats alright.

13. Marie Mallery

Registered

We watched it ,it was 3 hours long, and very quick speak, have to really pay attention, was a good movie. I already knew some of the history, but not nearly as much as I learned today.
    Thanks for suggestion.

14. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Watched it last week. It's way over rated. Three hours made it too long, especially when the first hour was about his love life and you are expecting the man and the bomb and not the man and his main squeeze. Mostly just a lot of talk, talk and talk. The climax expected was the plane being loaded and flown to Japan but all there was, was hearing about it on the radio. It must have been very cheap to make when it was basically just people talking. It reminded me of Reds which also was too long and ended with a thud.

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

I agree, but then I've come to expect it from Holly-hood. Very few good movies come out of it anymore. We watched 2 movies that could have been good true story's, once they got through with the vile language and agendas not so good.

This one was made in 2011, but it was one of the better movies we've seen lately.

Ed Wilson likes this.