Our Country And Our President Need Our Prayers Right Now!

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Babs Hunt, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

1. If it were possible to retrieve the money you wagered, you owe me a huge sum and even though Paul did advise people when it comes to gambling as well as collecting debts, I do not forget when someone owes me.

2. You’re in a thread which has nothing to do with your hatred of Donald Trump and / or this country or any of your misgivings but it’s simply a thread asking for prayer for this country and it’s leaders.
    If you are not a praying man, or even a man who wants to see this country with it’s President succeed, what the heck are you even in this thread for except to Troll the heck out of it?

3. Now, about what I pray for is basically none of your business but since you asked, I pray for a lot of things particularly about this country. I also pray that people who are so far away from God, to be drawn nearer and start to learn of Him. That’s people like yourself who cannot help but hate and try to destroy that which they do not understand nor even wish to.
    I pray for our educators and that they find a lust for teaching our young instead of filling them with personal opinions.
    I pray for our Congress people, all of them, that they learn the true meaning of peace and find a real love for those they represent.

And that’s not all Pete; there’s a lot more but the thing is, you really do not care but I’m sure you just sit back and laugh and try to come here and see if you can ruffle a few feathers instead of enjoying what could be some fine comradeship.
    You told me you enjoy this forum but the way it looks, you simply like to come here and bully people each and every chance you get especially when it comes to someone’s faith and whom they wish to lead this country.

In truth, you do Not enjoy us, you just enjoy being a bully and like I wrote you when you PM’d me, I stand up to bullies and by the bye, I also pray for them.

When can I expect payment? I wagered a lot of donuts.

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I am curious as to why you even posted on thread? I mean feeling how you do....your right also..why respond to a thread that is dealing with prayer?
    Sometimes we all get carried away with our opinions that we forget the title of of the thread and just start posting whatever.
    Suggestion...your choice..only respond to threads that actually interest you. There are those on here who belive just as you so I would think they would be better company for you.Saves hurt feelings and keeps things running smoothly.

3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Personally, always thought that sincerely Wishing and Hoping provides just as much horsepower as Praying.....

Hal Pollner, Protestant Lutheran since 1948.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just one of many examples :
    James 1:5 (English Standard Version). If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be give to him.
    Try hoping and wishing for wisdom.

Al Amoling and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Joan Kuper

Joan Kuper Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Bobby....that was sooo well put and I completely agree with everything you said! TY

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Welcome to the Seniors Only Club, @Joan Kuper ! We are glad to have you here, and also participating in the conversations . I am a transplanted Idaho girl, now living in Alabama; what part of the world do you hail from ?
    There is a section for introductions at the top left, under “notices and announcements”, if you want to tell us a little bit about yourself, also.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    Joan Kuper and Lois Winters like this.
  7. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

8. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I hesitate to post anything here, but I will. I don't agree with Peter's attempt to debunk the power of prayer. I have prayed several times in my life when I was desperately needing something for myself or another. I don't know if did any good or not but I might do so again in the future. I'm a non-believer, rather than a disbeliever, if that makes any sense. The world is simply too mysterious to discount the possibility of God.
    I doubt that Trump is a real Christian. but in the end I can't know. I can't read minds or hearts.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Whether our president is a real Christian or not , is not the issue, nor why we pray for him, @Dwight Ward . We are told in the Bible to pray for our leaders, and most of us truly want the very best for this country, regardless of our political differences.
    It is important that our president does the job as best as he can, and so we pray for him to have God’s guidance and protection as he does his job.
    I believe that God can change a person’s heart, and even if President Trump didn’t start out as a Christian, he can certainly decide at any time that he needs help and wants to rely on God.
    Both he and his wife have asked for our prayers, and a great many church leaders are also praying for him, because they believe that Trump was placed in office for a purpose.

10. Joan Kuper

Joan Kuper Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yvonne, Thank you so very much..this site 'feels' good...I do appreciate your welcome!! I grew up in northern Louisiana, moved to California..and now for just the last few years live in Florida...I will post in the intro section..thanks for telling me as I am still trying to figure out this site

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.