Our Foster Pup

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Jackie Stewart, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Jackie Stewart

Jackie Stewart Veteran Member
    Registered

We picked up this little dude yesterday.
    He's one of a litter of 5 that were left at a shelter when they were approximately 5 weeks old.
    They were all malnourished, and in an overall sick condition.
    Six weeks later, and they're now all doing just fine.
    This one is full of all the normal puppy mischief!
    I forgot how sharp those little puppy teeth are!
    He's a purebred Heinz 57! But with those eyes looks to have some Siberian Husky in him.
    And has webbed feet, so possibly some Lab too.
    Meet Chester.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Too cute and love the eyes!!

Jackie Stewart likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Cute!

Would love to get another dog, and even have toys, grooming tools, bed, play pen and baby gates........BUT, doesn't look like it's going to happen. Maybe, but that is a very big "maybe".
    Our last dog was a 3 yr. old Husky named Nikki. She absolutely loved the winter weather when we lived in Colorado.

Jackie Stewart likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

oooooh heeeeeyyyy Chester you gorgeous boy... Jackie he's gonna be a big boy y the looks of his paws... Good for you fostering, I wish more people would.

My daughter adopted a dog that had been found on the streets of London, starved, beaten and with the pavo virus... rescuers had found him and taken him to the rescue centre and they nursed him back to health, but he was 9 months old and no-one wanted him so they did a piece on the national news about Dog abuse, and my daughter saw it and went to the rescue centre and adopted him. he was very scared and she took a risk because he was a pit bull.. but apart from one of her existing dogs he settled and became a really happy well trained dog dog..and grew to be a beautiful dog too. after being so well cared for..... sadly on a walk with him when he was about 6 years old , he encountered the other dog being walked by one of her staff..and because she had the lead wrapped around her hand when he made a pounce for the other dog a Doberman , he pulled my daughter over the cliff edge at her property and it wrenched off 2 of her fingers and sliced both of her legs to ribbons. This was 3 years ago, the surgeons worked miracles and sewed my daughters' fingers back on...but to this day she can't use those fingers properly.

The Dobie had horrible wounds to his chest , and had to be rushed to the vet for emergency surgery... and sadly ( very sadly) the Pitbull had to be PTS...

I'm sure you're little foster baby will be fine because he's so young ..and thank goodness for foster parents, but my point is that due to horrible humans , you never know what mental damage has been done to a dog.

This was our beautiful Rodney who at least had 5 years of a loving life... and despite the turn of events my daughter still adopts strays...

GDS_017.jpg

Yvonne Smith and Jackie Stewart like this.
  5. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh wow that is a beautiful pup! I would certainly say some Husky though what do I know. Whatever 57 there is, it made a good combo. I hope all the pups will get a good home.

6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

He's a handsome fellow. He looks like he has some St. Bernard in him, too. He's gonna be a big boy. He will be right at home where you live. Are you going to give him a forever home?

7. Jackie Stewart

Jackie Stewart Veteran Member
    Registered

I can never do 'maybe' - when it comes to dogs, it's always 'yes'!!
    So many dogs, from the young pups to the dear old souls, need homes.
    I hope that one day your maybe becomes a big yes!

Rodney sure was a looker. So sad the circumstances that lead to his end.
    But he obviously had a wonderful life with your daughter. It's wonderful what time, patience, and love can do.

We fostered a Newfie at the end of last summer.
    At first I couldn't understand why he needed fostering, as he's a handsome dog.
    But we soon found out he was so scared of everything - even a pin dropped on the floor would send him running.
    And any object is a monster to him.
    That's our Mungo! (He's 18 mths. old now)
    We have no idea what happened in his past, and we doubt he will ever completely get over all his fears, but he's a big love-bug when he's not scared.
    He's made progress, but it's still a long road ahead for him.
    Amazingly, he's not shown one bit of aggression, which we're thankful for.

It's looking very possible!
    He gets on real good with our Mungo (see reply to Holly above), and I'm thinking he will probably help him build up Mungo's confidence.
    We also have an 11-yr-old Newfie (another rescue), but he has bad hips, so running around with the young 'uns isn't the best idea for him now.

Holly Saunders likes this.