Our Government Issuing 10-Year Chinese Visas Now

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In just January and February, over 300,000 Chinese have taken advantage of the new United States vsitor/sudent visas, which are good for up to 10 full years now.
    Before , these visas were only valid for one year. Apparently , China is one of the main countries sending students here, and also has a growing number of tourists coming to America.
    I can see the extension for students; but a 10 year vacation seems a little unusual to me, what about you ?
    I can see it all now.
    When we call most companies, we already have to "press 1 for English"; but soom, we may also have the Chinese version of "press 2 for Chinese" to deal with as well.
    I am pretty sure that Chinese might already be one of the many languages we have directions printed in when we buy a new gadget; but if not, then I imagine that it will soon be added.
    Since the Chinese already own a lot of our real estate, as well as many businesses here in the US; it would appear that we will be seeing a lot more businesses being run by the Chinese.
    It was only a few years ago that China bought out Smithfield Farms, the largest producer of pork products in the US. They now own the factory, plus all of the farms where they raise the pigs, and the ones where they grow the corn that the pigs are fed. That is a lot of acres of farmland ! We don't have to worry about China attacking America; they are just going to all move here and own the country.

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/us/2015-02/04/content_19484864.htm

2. Kevin Matthew

Kevin Matthew Veteran Member
    Registered

All you have to do is look at Vancouver to see the effect Chinese immigration is having... I read an article in a Canadian paper about all the Chinese that are coming over and buying homes - sometimes two or three homes - and have driven up the prices so much, that people born in Vancouver can no longer even dream about buying their own home.

Check out Crackshack or Mansion if you'd like to see what $1 million dollars bought in Vancouver in 2010... and prices have continued to rise since...

3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I see your concern I have the same concern. Would they let Americans come into their country and purchase real estate they way the chinese are purchasing American property, if this keeps up Americans will not own America we will be renting our our own country. This is a Wake Up America moment. We will turn around and say how did this happen?

4. Kevin Matthew

Registered

I've been concerned about food from China ever since dogs here were dying because the dog food brought in from China had melamine in it and was causing dogs long, drawn out, painful deaths from kidney failure. One of our friends lost her puppy because of it. That was when we started making our own dog food from scratch... that was my wake up moment.

5. Fredrick Jones

Fredrick Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

And then they will bring in other immigrants like Hispanics and SE Asians to work in these factories. Chinese investing in a country brings money into the country, it is the low paying, low skilled immigrants that destroy the country. The argument for temporary foreign workers is that no American wants to work for that wage, well increase the wages and an American will. It goes hand in hand with the government destroying unions to get rid of workers rights.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This article from Forbes is a little out-dated; so you can presume that the same thing is still happening, and probably in more cities by now, with our struggling economy and crashing housing market.
    The article talks about being able to buy houses in Detroit for the "price of a pair of leather shoes", in some cases, and also buying some of the higher priced properties at a bargain as well.
    This article focuses on what is happening in the Detroit area; but I have also read about the Chinese buying a 500 acre business complex in southern Idaho, and I am sure that this same buying up of our cheap homes is happening in many places across America.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonchang/2013/12/08/chinas-newest-city-we-call-it-detroit/

7. Kevin Matthew

Registered

From what I've seen of Detroit, maybe that's one city we might encourage them to buy houses in. :(

8. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

We may think Detroit is in big trouble but the Chinese wpuld go in there and whip into a thriving enterprise. They have their own banking system where they support each to get started in a busines or home then that person poles in with the group to help another family and before you know it they own the block.