Our Grown Kiddos

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Hedi Mitchell, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My son lived with me until he was twenty, and about to be married. Actually, he moved out for a few months at eighteen but found that paying the rent in Southern California wasn't as easy as he thought it was going to be. I was glad to have him back. I was actually the one who moved out on him when Champion shut its bag plants down and I was recruited by a bag company in Texas. My son was about to get married so I paid up the rent where we were living for six months, leaving it to him when I moved to Texas. Since then, he asked to borrow $1,000 once, a year or two later. I told him that I wouldn't give it to him as a loan but that I would give it to him as a gift. That was it. He worked for one company for several years, while learning the construction trade, then had his own construction company for the rest of his working life. Unfortunately, a stroke retired him, but he has his own home, and apparently enough money to get by. Plus, he's still married to the same girl he dated in high school, and they have raised two sons.