Our Homeland Security In Russia

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Frank Sanoica, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

My nephew sent me an article written by an international correspondent for Vanity Fair. It appeared in Atlantic Monthly. I know nothing of those two publications. After reading it through, I found it had appeared in 2006! Five years after 9-11, which has significance.

The article centers around global concerns for nuclear bombs being used not by governments, but rather subversive groups. Much of the material presented was absolutely new to me.....I never dreamed! We have a group named the National Nuclear Safety Administration, NNSA, established by Congress in 2000 (which in retrospect sounds rather fishy, one year before 9-11). NNSA is working in conjunction with our Homeland Security team, accompanied by the U.S. Corps. of Engineers, establishing IN RUSSIA, means to improve control of Russian stockpiles of nuclear bombs, warheads, and nuclear fuels like Uranium and Plutonium. It seems that after the break-up of USSR, those locations involved in production, stockpiling, enrichment, etc., fell into relative security disrepair. Here's the gist of it.

Russian Georgia is said to be one of the most corrupt nations on earth. It's politicians are crooks, officials routinely steal, and it's economy is based almost entirely on black markets. Georgia would be a prime location from which to buy or steal materials to make a nuclear bomb, which of course could be used here, possibly. So, a project called "Red Bridge" was instituted at the border between Georgia and Azerbaijan, to tighten security.

Border guards there had been sleeping in tents, cooking over open fires! Homeland Security forces went in building houses, a barracks, dining hall, administration building, vehicle-maintenance garage, armory, utility buildings, a dog kennel (!?), water storage facilities, sewage plant, electrical substation, perimeter fences, two guard towers, helipad, sports field, paved roads and parking lots, and a parade ground. Cost? Unpublished, for National Security reasons, of course, thought to be in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Stated purpose? ".....help Georgia become a more effective partner in the world-wide effort to control the passage of terrorists and their weapons". U.S. GAVE THAT to Russian Georgia.

That's the tip of the iceberg. Who am I to question efforts aimed at preventing another 9-11?

Here is a satellite view of the Ozersk nuclear facility. Note these are not electric generating stations, but rather processing facilities to enrich uranium, produce warheads, etc.
    [​IMG]

The correspondent was allowed entry as an "English Teacher" from America. Conversing with a bus driver on a public conveyance, he asked about the radiation monitors which were installed on the bus. The driver told him they are shut off! Why? All the rivers and lakes are radioactive, and folks who had been bringing home their catches of fish kept blaring the monitors, so they were shut off!

Old John Ashcroft did his job well, I guess!
    Frank

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We take everyone else's borders more seriously than our own.

3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Frank Sanoica
    You can type in Ozersk nuclear facility in YouTube and LOTS of videos from various sources are there. It doesn't seem to be much of an international secret. What a mess.

Frank Sanoica likes this.