Our Maintenance Woman

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

First, this is the first time we've ever seen a woman working in Maintenance. She is around 43, and, from watching her do a few things in our apartment, most definitely knows her stuff. She is the only maintenance worker in our complex.

Thing is, she has been divorced for some time, but now seeing a guy. From what she has told me, the guy has a hard time accepting her for the way she is...….a maintenance worker that has somewhat of a "rough/tough" qualities. She told me, when she fixed an electrical outlet in our apartment, "I just have a hard time understanding men." I told her that there are men out there, which definitely isn't me, that have an extremely hard time understanding why women would take certain jobs that, at one time, were only male jobs. I told her that I dated, for a short time, a girl that drove a Cement Mixer. It wasn't her job that broke us up, it was the distance she lived from me. I also told her that there are those men that have no problem dating at girl that wears makeup everyday to work (which she does not), than there are those that prefer to see a "Tomboy" type whose job is much more tougher than working in an office environment.

She knows about local wildlife and took her grandson horseback riding last weekend. She really likes both the Old West, Wildlife and rodeo décor we have in our apartment.

Actually, thinking about it, I seriously doubt, and we knew him for 10 1/2 years, the male Maintenance Supervisor at our last apartment complex would never have a woman working for him. Just the way he was.

What do you think?

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know why so many waste time worrying about how others live their lives.

3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh I'm glad you and your wife are making new friends after the big move. I think just as some men are great at designing fashion for females, some women are great at what is considered more male dominated jobs. I was one of the few women who worked for Atlantic Marine actually on the shipyard at Mayport Naval Station. I'm sure people questioned my choice of jobs, but I really loved it.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, she just wonders why he can't accept her for what she does and how she looks, just like she has a hard time understanding why he wants to continue seeing her. I have no idea why they got together, but the way she talks, she needs a man that doesn't need (or want) the "prissy" type of woman...…...of which she definitely isn't.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody go find her a real man on the rodeo grounds... He will accept her for who she is.:)

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Only a fan of rodeo now and definitely not a "match maker".

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

No match making..just being around that environment would help.