Painting Exterior Of House

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Von Jones, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I finally started painting the lower story of my house. The weather has not been favorable until just this month. It had been too hot or humid then the rains came. I still have some ways to go though. I sat proudly on our porch after finishing the front walls of the house and Johnny asked if I was tired. "No, I probably could have finished the whole house." Johnny just shook his head in agreement.

A little reflection. My cousin painted the second story in June.

Boggling minds are probably asking 'Why isn't Johnny painting?" Simple, I wanted to do it 'MY WAY'.:D

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I understand, @Von Jones. My wife and I are similar. I used to paint houses for a living, and am a better painter than my spouse, however, I want things to be "just right". She, on the other hand, will get the job done and enjoys doing it even though the results are not necessarily up to my standards. She does all but the most difficult painting jobs. She enjoys it and I do not.

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Von Jones , you have a right to be proud of a job well done. Maybe you can let Johnny paint just a little bit at the back of the house where it won't show. ;)