Painting Flowerpots

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Yvonne Smith, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I guess this one could either go here, or go under the hobbies and crafts part of the forum; but because I am painting them for the yard and garden, It is going to go here.
    We went to Walmart this morning, and I got some colored paints in the little tubes, and then some glow-in-the-dark paints.
    The flowerpots that I am painting have little leaves and fern branches etched into the plastic, and I have been painting the leaves different colors, and then I am going over top of that with some of the glow paint. The idea is that they will show off the pretty colors during the day, and then at night , they will glow in the dark.
    If the flowerpots turn out well, I am going to try painting some of Bobby's stepping stones , too. I got a stencil and it should work on the square concrete stepping stones. They are pretty heavy; so I will probably only do a few here and there, just for color.
    We have been putting out more of the little solar lights, and I also got some paint like you would use for stained glass, and I am going to try painting the solar lights and see if they will turn out colored.
    If all works like I am envisioning it, we will have a colorful yard, day and night.
    I don't know if I can take nighttime pictures; but if my planter actually glows; I will try and take a picture to post here.

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Tina Randall

Tina Randall Veteran Member
    Registered

I hope you do share the picture as I'd like to see how your flowerpots turn out. I hadn't thought about using any glow-in-the-dark paints but now that you've mentioned it, my mind is spinning with all sorts of ideas! I have a bunch of potted plants around the porch and down on the ground but I haven't painted or decorated the pots myself.

3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I like the colored pots on the deck to give it color. Here is a nice picture of a colored pot not mine.

[​IMG]

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I would love to have that painted pot, hahahaaa. We do not buy clay pots anymore because they easily break. Our flower pots are all plastic, more durable and easy to maintain. Perhaps I can think of something like that for our plastic pots. My husband would surely say that I have to be an artist to do that painting. I admit that I have no artistic aptitude but I can appreciate art in any form.