Pardoning Turkeys Is Sexism

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Bobby Cole, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The inequalities between men and women have, especially recently, been explored and fought against by nearly every woman in the free world.

As an advocate for all of the ladies, I stand with my head held high in protest against yet another travesty regauarding equal rights for women!
    Turkeys! Yes Turkeys! Moreover, those turkeys which get pardoned by the president of the U.S. every year since JFK.
    Eighty turkeys, all male, are given the best that life can offer throughout their training period and then two are selected to receive a presidential pardon from the dinner table.

Do they allow female (hens) into the much coveted club? Nay, for the female, it is egg to roast turkey with no sparing in sight whilst it is the Tom who can languish in lush surroundings filled with grain and Vivaldi day in and day out.
    It is only the Male who will visit with the president and only the Male who will receive the pardon and I say that it is time to give female turkeys all over the free world the same rights as their male counterparts!

‘‘Tis time for the hens to standup for their equal rights and demand their rightful place in the turkey pardoning process!
    Take it to the streets! Take it to Face Book! Take it to Butterball! Female turkeys of the world....Unite!

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

We always butchered our Toms first, as they didn't lay eggs and were generally bigger however....:)

Beatrice Taylor and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

We replaced turkeys for any festivitiy eating a long time ago. And always thought this tradition of pardoning turkeys is rather silly.