Pastor's Who Yell Their Sermon

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

In all of my life, I've never heard any Pastor yell part of their sermons like John Hagee and his son. My wife watches John Hagee on Sunday morning on her laptop. The congregation literally stands and cheers for him and his son when they yell their sermon. Put him and/or his son's yelling over a speaker system and the entire roof of the church could come off...…..just stating how loud it could be heard in the Sanctuary.

If you don't know who John Hagee is, is against some things that people believe in, and support today. That is, people outside of his congregation that totally disagree with what he says and what he says the Bible says.

My wife tells me, and I do believe it to be true, "he yells because that is the only way people today will listen".

I like John Hagee, to a point, but really like Joyce Meyer better.

Then again, the word "yelling" goes WAY BACK in time. To make people listen, many people have yelled. Protestors make themselves heard by yelling.

What do you think of a Pastor/Minister yelling their Message to the congregaton? Catholic Priests don't do that.

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I consider myself fortunate to have believed in my Father and Mother, one agnostic the other raised Catholic as a child, but gradually fell away from it. I asked them about why all our Catholic neighbors faithfully went to church each Sunday morning, then the men spent the rest of the day in their backyards drinking and swearing. Their answer was profound: go to church a few times with the people next door who had a daughter my age, if you like, it's your choice, you're a big boy now.

I didn't go. And felt I didn't miss out on anything, given the stories I had heard. Guy at work grew up across the alley from one of the big Catholic churches in Chicago. As a kid, he marvelled at the monthly delivery out back of the church by a big beer truck, many handtrucks of boxed liquor delivered. He wondered if any was distributed to the church-goers! Funny guy. I wondered at the hypocrisy often, wondered if it existed in other denominations.

Ran into a roadblock when the new family from Germany moved in two doors away, daughter of age 15, already a German-licensed Cosmetologist, came by to get further acquainted. I happened to be under my car, as usual, saw these two female feet approaching, and then almost crashed my head when she bent over at the waist clear down to look underneath and greet me! I was at that stage when just the thought of a soft, vibrant young woman being near was enough drive me nuts. Here was one who looked statuesque, and was flexible as a contortionist. Oh, my, I've veered away from my topic.

After a year and a half of seeing each other, we decided we ought to get married. She was Catholic, I was not. No problem as far as she and I were concerned, but her parents, and tyrannical aunt.......Oh, my!
    Frank

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Why do they yell? Why does a coach yell when he is trying to get his players pumped up and in the spirit whilst in the locker room?
    It’s the same principle.

The preacher is excited and stimulated which in turn excites and stimulates the congregation. It’s motivational, spirit lead and is most certainly not boring !
    Few, if any come away from such a meeting with sleep in their eyes............

The difference between Hagee and Joyce is that one is a preacher / teacher and the other is a
    Teacher / preacher.
    Many Pentacostal pastors are preacher / teachers with the emphasis on preacher whilst other denominations favor the teacher first, preacher second pastor.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018