Perfectly Right Christmas Gifts

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Denise Evans, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I did the "wrong" christmas gift thread so thought I'd see what others think are perfect gifts:)

For me, I've gotten 2 already, and both were hand-made by ladies that are my neighbors. Sure made me want to get busy making things. These were so simple, well the one looks a little complicated but I think I could do something like it.

There Angel's dress is out of one of those teeny plant-pots. And what is so neat about it is, Dorothy my one neighbor has beautiful, white hair, just like the angel:)

The other is a coffee-mug-rug I think she called it, and was sewn by hand. These, little gifts meant so much to me:

angel back.jpg

angel front.jpg

mug rug.jpg

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh I can see why - adorable they are :)

Ina I. Wonder and Denise Evans like this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

She is really crafty, and goes out to quilt every, Thursday a.m., and she invited me in to see her work area she has set up. She's got oodles of goods to craft, sew, and whatever!! Where I have my puter desk setup, is where she has her crafts;)

She will help me if I want to get started on something, I just need to get willing;) That little mug-coaster is quilted, so cute and simple;) She has a bunch and was giving them to us down in the rec room. I did bake some cookies (chocolate chip and walnut) and took them around, but I'd much rather make something lasting;)

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

When my children gave me a heart shaped necklace with their birthstones and all the grandchilren's too...this was a perfect gift for me. And every year for birthdays, holidays, etc. my Honey gives me the most beautiful cards that expresses his love for me....this is also perfect gifts for me and I have saved everyone of those cards he has given me. He also bought my Camera and Laptop as gifts....and these two gifts are so me and will be used until they are worn out. :)

Gift cards for Book Stores, favorite eating placing, favorite shopping places are gifts I appreciate too. I love to read, I enjoy not having to cook all the time, and when I do feel like shopping it's fun to have gift money to do that shopping with. :)

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Wonderful @Babs Hunt especially that you've saved all the cards:)

6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Wonderful, @Denise Happyfeet . I think they given you the most perfect gift of all..... friendship.

Merry Christmas, Denise!:D

Ina I. Wonder and Denise Evans like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I have saved every single card my Honey has given me plus every card my children and grandkids have given me throughout my lifetime. When I pass from this earth that will be something they will have to go through and decide what to do with....but the loving words they picked out for me is something I can never get rid of as long as I am here and which I very much enjoy reading again and again. :)

8. Denise Evans

Registered

I just think of the work these ladies put into the crafts;) Yeah, pretty special to get one;) thank you @Shirley Martin and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too!!

Ina I. Wonder likes this.