Philadelphia Police Officer Ambushed

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

In yet another attack on the police, a Philadelphia police officer was ambushed last night (Thursday) as he sat in his patrol vehicle. The attacker wore what was described as 'muslim garb' and apparently claimed the attack was for Islam. The officer will live, but has a broken arm, as well as nerve damage. Officer Hartnett was shot at 13 times, and 3 of the bullets hit him. Officer Hartnett returned fire, and the suspect was shot 3 times.

Here's a link to the story: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ot-3-times-attempted-murder-article-1.2489799

2. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I read this... horrible!

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

If that incident is not an isolated case, what would happen to the non-Muslims in the near future? With the random attacks by Muslims, whether extremists or terrorists or not, the image of the Muslims is tarnished and even branded terrorists. It is unfair to the peaceful Muslims because they are affected with the budding discrimination. And who wouldn't be scared of Muslims when people are killed in public places by Muslims? I think the peaceful Muslims should make a statement and they should even act on those terroristic acts that directly affected them.

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

The problem many have @Corie Henson is that Muslims as a rule aren't standing up against ISIS. If you look at the swarms of immigrants now in Europe, many are males who are young enough to be fighting, but they have chosen to leave. In some cases, women stay behind to fight. That leads to questions about what really is going on, and why healthy, able-bodied young men (many with smart phones and designer clothing) would flee and give up their homes to terrorists. Many are questioning whether this is an actual refugee situation (surely in some cases it is), or if it's in fact an invasion (there's a thread I created here about this subject), since the types we're seeing in the crowds, and those who perpetrated the harassment and rape mobs on New Year's Eve/Day were the sort who under most circumstances would be fighting to protect their women, children, and homes. The attacker in Philadelphia claimed he did it for Islam. If people were doing things like that and claiming they were doing it for Catholicism, I'd be attacking them verbally, if not in other ways. The situation is to the point where those who don't agree with terrorist deeds need to stand up against the terrorists, or be lumped in with them.

Note: there was an attack on a police officer in Boston yesterday, but that was apparently drug related. There was also another attack this morning in NYC. I'm not sure what that has been attributed to, but I think it was the usual street violence.

Yvonne Smith likes this.