Phone Calls From Prisoners Is Irritating

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Lon Tanner, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Most prisoners in the U.S. are allowed to use a cell phone any many find it a good way to pass the time and have developed scams. I have been getting a number of calls and have had to install a blocker. There is a company called SECURTEL that prisoners can use to do their hijinks.

Maggie Rose likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Your iPhone has a blocker for unwanted calls, @Lon Tanner . What it does, is send any unknown calls straight to voicemail, and if it is an important caller, they will usually leave a voicemail.
    This has worked really well for me, and I no longer get those silly calls about my car windshield, or lack of Medicare insurance that we all get so tired of.
    I did have to put any number that I thought might be calling me that I didn’t want to miss, into my contacts, and I add as there is someone new that needs to go in the contact list; but it is well worth the effort.
    We have T-Mobile, because it has a discount and special benefits for veterans (my daughter is retired military), and T-Mobile also had a blocker, so we have both turned on.

3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I never pick up. I let my answering machine pick up after two rings. I get few calls anymore. They figured I must be dead.

Maggie Rose likes this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It seems that Securtel is fraudulent on all levels.

Lots of scam complaints...see here.

Terry Coywin likes this.