Picture Puzzles

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Pat Baker, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

One of the things I really enjoy is putting together a large picture puzzle the larger the better. When my girls were small we would start a puzzle, work on it together leave it sitting some place where we could walk by put in a piece or two and finally get it completed. Once it was completed I would glue it to a board and use it as art in their room.

Any puzzle people here?

Richard Paradon likes this.
  2. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

My Mom's the one who loves to do jigsaw puzzles though she doesn't seem to find time for them that often. Once she gets started on one though, I can never walk past it without trying to find the right place for a few pieces.

When we're done with one though, we always take it apart and put it back into its box. It's quite heartbreaking to do that after all the effort that's gone into it, but we don't have room to hang them up.

3. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

With the exception of gluing the pieces together, I used to love jig-saw puzzles, but always had a problem. When I was a kid, my older brother would hide some of the key pieces and now that he is not here to bother me I am sure that one of the many cats we have around here would be more than happy to help me.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I enjoy them but, with cats, I'd have to get it all done in one day or the pieces would become cat toys.

5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I have always enjoyed jigsaw puzzles. I have glued several winter scenes and framed them to hang up around Christmas. I have also done this for my 8 year old grandson with puzzles of super heroes for his room. Spiderman was his favorite but I'd find others for just a quarter at the flea market or thrift store and add them for diversity:).

There is this one puzzle that I keep hoping to find that's really old of a family picnic at at park. I use to put this together over and over at my grandmother's house when I was little. My joy was always seeing a little girl running playfully in the park and the watermelons. It was so rich with color. Ho hum...

Yvonne Smith and Richard Paradon like this.
  6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

During the winter months when the weather is bad, my wife and I like to do jigsaw puzzles. We don't glue them though.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

I enjoy doing puzzles, although I do not do them often. I have one now of two tigers that is sitting on my dresser begging for my attention. My 8yr old grandson has a number of childrens puzzles with 50 pieces or less that he enjoys putting together over and over again. It just takes time and a large amount of patience to get one together. And now that I am retired, I have the time, but not necessarily the patience!

8. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This reminds me of a picture puzzle that an office mate of mine bought. From what I remember, the puzzle is a 2 by 3 feet picture of a panorama with people and some houses. The puzzle has 1,000 pieces, neatly cut and somewhat confusing. We do that puzzle during breaks in the office. There were more than 10 of us doing that puzzle which took us more than a month to complete. And after completion, my office mate had the pieces glued and the entire puzzle laminated. So it was converted into a sort of picture frame.

My picture puzzle now is the game app called 4 pics where 4 pictures are presented and you think of a word that would describe it. That's what I sometimes play during waiting times. But I don't play that in the office because it is not a good example since I am restricting my subordinates in using their phone during office hours.