Pictures In The Conversation

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Ina I. Wonder, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I haven't seen you back in this thread, @Frank Sanoica . Did you check to see if you can replace the keyboard in your laptop yet ? I saw some on amazon that looked like they were replacements for a laptop; so it might be possible. Otherwise, a bluetooth one might be the easiest and cheapest. You can just lay it right over top of the non-functioning keyboard.
    Bluetooth...... see explanation above.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Unless the keyboard on a laptop is physically damaged or has been spilled on, you might try removing the battery, and after 5 or 10 minutes put it back in and start it up. Something about returning it to default settings. Replacement keyboards must match model of laptop, and you tube tutorials are around.

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell
    I forgive unconditionally, Gloria, but will not forgive calling yourself idiot........so.....anyhoo, I am in reality the idiot for being discretionally unable to navigate computer-land to any really useful degree!
    Frank

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Yvonne Smith @Joe Riley " Unless the keyboard on a laptop is physically damaged...."
    It may be. I have pried up and off individual letter keys which were sticking in the down position- the means of springing them is ridiculously designed, and inserted tiny pieces of spongy door-seal material. That works well for quite a long time. Right now, I again have several needing attention. If I knew for a fact that this keyboard communicates by wireless, and not wiring concealed in the hinges, I'd simply cut them off!
    Frank

5. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica the position for Tech Zombie 2nd. place is still open if you'd care to claim it. :p Of course I remain in 1st, place. :D

6. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Veteran Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica If it has a free USB port, get a cheap corded USB keyboard ($10 or less) from walmart. Just one word of caution... both keyboards can operate simultaneously.

Edit: You can also get wireless keyboards etc.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Frank Sanoica and Ken Anderson like this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Registered

8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Have I learned anything from reading these posts? I don't think so. If I want to post a photo from my iMac photo album into say tall tales and down right lies, how can I do it. Now I know Joe post lots of photos and I've seen a number from Frank ( who has posted similar to what I want to do). Can anyone spell this out for me in plain english (please speak slowly). That you to anyone for any help you may can give me. When it comes to technology, Frank, I am not an idiot but awful close to it. Come a day, come a day, help me somebody.

9. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Veteran Member
    Registered

Not familiar with iMac, so did some research and came up with this youtube video...
    In the video, he opens up a text edit, but a post in a comment on this website is the essentially the same thing...
    Give it a try.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

One of the reasons why it can be difficult to tell someone precisely how to do something is that we're not all using the same type of computers. Some of us are using Windows computers, others are using Macs, and quite a few are using various types of tablets, and perhaps even cell phones. Some of us use a mouse, others a trackpad, and others a touch-type operation.

We both have an iMac, so the only difference might be that you may use a mouse while I use a trackpad. Since I also have a MacBook, it's easier for me than to have to go back and forth between a trackpad and a mouse.

The quickest way to add a photo to a forum post is to drag and drop it. Using a trackpad, I would place my cursor over the image that I want to add, press down, drag the image to the posting area (after having clicked into it to begin the post), and then release my finger from the trackpad. Even that isn't so simple when it come to explaining things, because some people have their trackpads set up to require two or three fingers on the trackpad. Using a mouse is similar, I think, although it's been years since I have used a mouse for anything.

I believe there's a way to drag and drop on a touch-type device, such as a tablet computer but I don't have an iPad and haven't tried to add a photo from either my iPhone or my Kindle Fire.

A simpler (as far as understanding how it's done) way to do it is the begin your post, then click the button that reads "Upload a File." A box will pop up that will allow you to choose the file (photo) that you want to add. Find it, click it once, then click the "Choose" button, and it will upload. Once it has uploaded, you can decide whether you want to display a "Thumbnail" image or the "Full Image" by clicking the appropriate button.

To change the size of a photo using an iMac, you can click on it and it should show the photo in "Preview." You can also change the size in Preview, no complicated photo editing required.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  11. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Gonna look it over and give it a try. Thanks Harry.
    Thought I had tried this but i'll refresh and attempt it again. Much obliged, Ken.

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It also depends on the size of your pictures @Bill Boggs . Sometimes, pictures that I have taken with my camera are too large and then they will not post, and probably won't post no matter which method you use.( You will probably get a red banner that says the picture is too large.)
    What I do is use an iPad app called Photolab, and they have borders that you can put around the picture and when you do that, it also re-sizes the picture so that it will upload.
    Not only does Photolab re-size pictures and add frames or borders; but there are a lot of other fun effects that you can easily do with your picture.
    There are other re-sizing apps that you can use, but this one works fine for me. Here is the link to download it to your iPad.

Photo Lab: Picture Editor, effects & fun face app by VicMan LLC
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photo-lab-picture-editor-effects-fun-face-app/id441457218?mt=8

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That's what I use but if a pic is too large and some are, forget which ones though. It's either one Ive taken with my camera on my iPhone or a screenshot taken with my iPad....anyway, I just crop it a little using photolab.

It's a fun app and I paid $4.99 for the upgrade that's how much I liked it.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm just too cute for words.....ha hahahaha

IMG_1339.JPG

Frank Sanoica likes this.