Pinterest

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Mal Campbell, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

I was just wondering if any of you use Pinterest? I've found it an easy way to save images of things I find inspirational - things that I might like to try someday. I use it mostly for my hobbies, but also pin decorating ideas, etc. I don't use it a lot, but it's a neat application.

Anyway, I thought it might be fun to share our boards, as a way to get to know each other better and see what interests we may have in common. If you are interested, my Pinterest account name is galmal1. Link - www.pinterest.com/galmal1

I'd love to see what's on your board!

2. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't have a pinterest, although i have been on a few. there is a real nice one with the pergolas like the one I want to add this year. i have to say i don't like the way that the site is run. I know I am an odd duck, but seriously having a membership ad pop up in the middle of a page you are looking at is just to much for me. Sites that do that usually will never get my membership even if it is for free.

Your is nice Mal, I like the steampunk board. There was a site maybe three years back now that wanted articles for steam punk things. i submitted one on a piece of steam punk jewelry that I did. It is a small dragon fly made of gears and jewels. personal I still prefer some of the darker Gothic looks, but I do see cross over with the steam punk. I used to quilt, but these days I have just done knitting. If I was a member of pinterest I would probably have quite a few boards, there are so many things online that I like. I am the type of person that would have like a hundred pictures of cute creatures or interesting nature photos. I don't know, I just put them on a thumbnail USB, then I have a copy forever.

3. Mal Campbell

Registered

I have to admit, that I had forgotten about pinterest since I first signed up, then I had a hard time figuring out how to "pin" things to my board. I got an email message the other day, that someone had repinned one of my pins and that got me interested in it again. I figured out how to pin photos I see on sites, so I'll probably be adding more to it.

You say you made a piece of steampunk jewelry. I'd love to see pictures of it if you have some. Steampunk fascinates me. I'd love to learn how to make some jewelry or artwork.

4. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I look on Pinterest for fashion recycle ideas and diy projects around the house. I find that I can get lost on the site very easy just looking at the interesting things people pin. The garden ideas is also one of the topics I like to look at.

5. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

I first joined Pinterest hoping to use it as a way to promote my writing on HubPages and Bubblews, so I don't often visit the site. However every now and then I'll get enthusiastic for a while and add some interesting things to my boards. My favourites are my bonsai board and my miniature bonsai board.

I must have a look through your Zentangle boards when I've got a bit of free time, because I'd really love to learn how to do it. I recently downloaded a free Kindle book about it from Amazon, but so far I haven't even had time to open it.

6. Mal Campbell

Registered

If you want to learn about Zentangles a good site is called tanglepattern.com. It lists hundreds of different tangles with step outs (step by step directions).

I would start on youtube, it's easier to learn by watching someone else. They really are easy to learn once you get the hang of it. It's a lot like learning how to write in cursive - once you learn the strokes, you put them together to make the different patterns.

7. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks @Mal Campbell . I'll definitely try those out as soon as I've got some spare time. I've not sure I'll be too good at it though because when I do try to draw I never seem to be able to get two things that should be identical to look the same. That's why I tend to leave my drawing efforts to vector drawings on the computer. That way I can use copy and paste to duplicate similar elements.