Plastic Bank Notes

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Patsy Faye, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Like Australia we now have the first of the plastic bank notes
    But - there is a problem, a tiny amount of tallow is used in producing the notes and the Vegans
    have complained about that, now - the notes are to be re-done without using tallow o_O
    Found this to be a bit OTT :rolleyes:
    I think the notes are a good idea though - they don't tear and last for a very long time
    Will the US be using them - maybe you do now - no idea ..................

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't see this earlier Patsy, I need to look them up right quick. Oh good, here's one. I guess I was thinking they would look like a credit card. I wonder if these will actually wear better. Are they pretty thin, say, like a sandwich baggie, or thicker like a business card, etc? Really interesting, and I wonder if the US will start using plastic as well.
    [​IMG]

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Patsy Faye
    I read the account this morning in our paper. Seems it is offensive also to the Vegetarians, as well as several other factions, several of which I have never heard. I am at a total loss as to understand why whatever-the-hell the government sees fit to incorporate into paper currency should be "offensive", unless it's use is intended to "kill-off" certain government-disliked factions. Right, grease is going to eradicate certain undesirable masses.

Give me a break! With the multitude of problems and difficulties facing humanity today, why are so many folks failing to see, and ADDRESS, the REAL problems affecting us all? Frank

PS: U.S. Treasury Department has resisted suggested use of plastic in currency for a number of years now, citing their current designs "resistance" against counterfeiting.

Now I ask you, if HUMAN BEINGS at Treasury produce a currency, how can it be guaranteed that HUMAN BEINGS elsewhere, cannot duplicate it?
    Frank

4. Patsy Faye

Registered

Agree with you - couldn't believe this when I heard it - crazy world ain't it Frank

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Denise Happyfeet - They are slightly thicker than a paper note, I like them
    Paper notes have a smell to them, these feel cleaner
    Pity they have to be re-done - daft :rolleyes:

Frank Sanoica likes this.