Playdough From Flour

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Krissttina Isobe, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Got on the healthy kick, so don't need the 4.5 pounds of flour? Does anyone know how to make playdough from white flour? What other crafts can you create with white flour?

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Krissttina, I have several recipes around here that I have made for my children and grandchildren. I remember one for slime that my DGS had a ball with. Picture a five or six year old boy with a bowl full of green, icky, gooey slime. :D I'll look and see if I can find them.

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Here is a link for a recipe (4 steps), similar to the one my wife used, years back.

Bonnie Thomas likes this.
  4. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Never heard of making playdough from flour before ... might give it a try with the grandkids.

5. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

As someone pointed out the recipe is online. As for the fact that play dough can be made by common household flour, that is basically the recipe. I remember back in the day there were those on TV who showed how to make play dough using ingredients such as flour, water,and food coloring. Just those few ingredients but the trick is how much of these are used in the recipe. So, this something that can be made from home and perhaps safer for kids than the one bought in stores, it is certainly more economical.

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

The cream of tartar is used for improved elasticity. Also there isa warning for pets: Keep away from dogs and other pets. Playdough smells like people food but contains lots of salt, and a hungry dog can eat enough to cause a dangerous salt imbalance.

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe you need a roller.....;)
    [​IMG]