Polar Vortex

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Martin Alonzo, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Interesting I searched Severe cold weather through the US. The search brought up old weather reports and nothing current.
    I had to add January 2019 and even after that it was saying nothing going on. https://www.google.com/search?ei=le....0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j33i10.DLYXaJ3PZL4

Finally I put in a search --Record breaking cold weather through the US January 2019

https://www.google.com/search?ei=Su....0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j33i10.fodz0DIeqg8

even after that most are down playing the severe weather although one said
    75% of the US population will suffer below-freezing temps this week ...
    As this storm has the possibility of killing people by freezing and the power companies will have a hard time keeping up.

Is the global warming narrative is so powerful they cannot tell the truth and worn people.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If it is cold, we can be thankful for "Global Warming", as it would have been so much worse without the warming of the atmosphere. This fits more into the "Global Cooling" scenario of the 1970s. Many of the folks affected do not have proper cold weather gear, and that makes it dangerous.

3. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Trump is proved right again.

No such thing as globle warming.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was listening to, I think it was NBC, on the radio today. The station alternates between news outlets so, on the station we usually listen to, sometimes we'll get NBC, and at other times ABC, Fox or some others. Anyhow, pretty much the only thing they talk about is the Polar Vortex.

Some idiot was on talking about the effects of the Polar Vortex, reporting from Michigan.

"I am standing on Lake Michigan," he said. "The ice must be a foot thick."

"Meanwhile," the other news guy said, "It's hot in Australia."

These are the experts? I grew up in Michigan, and we could drive our car on Lake Michigan by January 30th. One year, it was so cold that they couldn't even keep the shipping lanes open, and we could drive completely across the lake to the Lower Peninsula and back, saving a few hours each way.

Yet, to this guy, being able to stand on the ice on a lake in Michigan on January 30 was proof positive of something really scary going on. Meanwhile, I've never been to Australia but I have an idea that it's not so unusual for it to be hot in Australia in January.

Toward the end of January, it's cold in Michigan and it's hot in Australia, and that's a result of a Polar Vortex. Wow! It's no wonder that people vote stupidly, if these are the people they turn to for information.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered