Police Reform?

Discussion in 'Protests & Riots' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember, years ago, I didn't have a vehicle and had to use public transit. I had visited a girl, left her place and was walking across a main street to a bus stop. A patrol car was sitting in the parking lot on the corner. The officer got out and called me over to his patrol car. He asked me where I'd been and where I was going. I told him. He then asked me for my name/address and I gave it to him. He then told me that a personal robbery had happened not to far from the bus stop and they were looking for a man. He also told me that there wasn't much of a description of the man, other than his build and height, that matched mine. He said "thank you for the information (my name, etc.) and have a nice evening." The bus came up, I said "goodbye Sir" and got on the bus. During the entire time he was talking to me, I said "yes Sir", "no Sir" of which he liked.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think law enforcement need more training in subduing (arresting) a person. If a person resists, just what is an officer suppose to do???? It has already been proven that a taser doesn't stop someone who has meth or whatever in their system. Actually, it can make the person more combative!

People have to understand what an officer/officers go thru on a daily basis. It's not a "walk in the park" type of job!

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yesterday, two policemen in California were ambushed and shot by “protesters”, even though the police were only sitting in their patrol vehicle.
    One of the officers was a mother with a six year old daughter, and both officers are in critical condition.
    Protesters stood outside of the emergency room doors to the hospital , screaming that they hoped this lady died, while her family was inside, praying for the mother’s life.
    Police reform is NOT about murdering people because they are part of law enforcement; it is about making sure that the police are properly trained in what to do to protect people, and that police that don’t follow these rules are fired and not able to do police work anymore.

F4649636-8BD0-4186-B371-9ACE6DAA1345.jpeg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

There is a short security camera video of the shooting of the two police officers last night. This is a screenshot of that video and you can see that he is shooting right into the car, and the officers have done nothing to provoke the attack. In the video, you see the shooter run up to the parked vehicle, shoot the occupants, and then dash off down the street.

4A5AA728-F646-44C4-B24C-D413FBA7C5AB.jpeg

5. Yvonne Smith

6. Mary Miller

Mary Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

One needs to look at the rest of the stories to find that the police were not wrong in their actions, I think, in all but one of the high profile situations. Law breakers and drugs were the issues.
    Blacks are shot predominantly by other blacks. Whites are shot by the police too. Sadly the race situation is real, hundreds of years old. But now when the problem is made so public and getting sympathy, if blacks start pushing and trying to take advantage instead of becoming mainstream, their situation will continue, being self fulfilling.

7. Mary Miller

Mary Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The difference is you did as you were told and did not get belligerent. Lots of people of color do not. I had a handiman who I swear would get arrested to get out of work. He would mouth off whenever around police.

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Of course, we are shown high-profile stuff in the cities, and suddenly all 1,000,000+ officers in the 18,000 departments nationwide need reforming and Federal oversight, 'cause it's "the police."

I really hope we are not as ignorant as the media portrays us. I don't think we are.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I saw this yesterday on "Crime TV." The jury trial would not convict the officers in the criminal trial.
    They were convicted in the Federal trial.
    Beating, torture, "Code of Silence," & Retaliation against some officers who testified against fellow officers.
    The events of October 24, 2004[edit]
    On the evening of October 23, 2004, Frank Jude and his friend, Lovell Harris, who is black, were invited by Kirsten Antonissen and Katie Brown to a housewarming party being hosted by police officer Andrew Spengler at his Bay View, Milwaukee home. Many of the persons at the party were off-duty Milwaukee police officers.

Upon arriving at Andrew Spengler's home, Jude and Harris told Antonissen that they felt uncomfortable and therefore wanted to leave. The group quickly left and shortly after doing so, Andrew Spengler reported that his wallet, which contained his police badge, was missing. At least ten men who were at Spengler's home went outside and confronted Jude, Harris, Antonissen, and Brown.[2] Among the off-duty officers who confronted the group were Andrew Spengler, Jon Bartlett, Daniel Masarik, Ryan Packard, Ryan Lemke, Jon Clausing, and Joseph Stromei.

The off-duty officers identified themselves as police officers and focused their attention upon Jude and Harris, demanding to know where the badge was. Both men denied taking the badge. When Jude and the others stayed inside Antonissen's truck, the mob threatened them, saying "Nigger, we can kill you."[2]

During this confrontation, Ryan Packard took Jude to the ground, where other off-duty officers held him down and searched him for the badge. The off-duty officers demanded that Jude tell them where the badge was and while doing so repeatedly punched and kicked him. Another officer, Jon Clausing, cut Harris's face with a knife; Harris freed himself and ran away.[2]

Kirsten Antonissen called 9-1-1 and reported that people who were claiming to be police officers were beating up her friend. While talking to the 9-1-1 dispatcher, Antonissen reported that a uniformed officer had responded to the scene and that he too began beating Frank Jude. This on-duty officer, Joseph Schabel, arrived at the scene and upon learning that Jude was suspected of stealing a police badge, repeatedly stomped on the suspect's head until others could hear bones breaking, while his partner, Nicole Martinez, watched.[2] Other officers grabbed the phone from Antonissen and threw her against the truck, denting it.[2] Brown also made two phone calls to 9-1-1 before her phone was seized.[2]

Apologizing to Martinez, Masarik lifted Jude off the ground and kicked him in the crotch. Then Bartlett took Schabel's pen and shoved it into both of Jude's ear canals, causing Jude to scream and squirm in extreme pain and resulting in significant injury. The mob broke two of Jude's fingers by bending them back until they snapped.[2] Spengler put a gun to Jude's head and threatened to kill him. Additionally, during this incident, Bartlett used a knife to cut off Jude's leather jacket and pants, leaving him naked in the street.[2]

Frank Jude was initially arrested on suspicion of theft and quickly loaded into a police van and transported to the hospital for treatment of his numerous injuries. The admitting physician took photographs because there were so many injuries to document.[2] The injury to Jude's ears was so severe that emergency room physicians could not diagnose it immediately because they could not control the bleeding.[2]

No one was ever charged with the theft of the badge and the badge was never found.[2]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
  11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Police officers are just people like the rest of us. There are good ones and there are bad ones. I don't know what the answer to this "reform" is, but I get tired of all police officers being painted/portrayed as evil. I still appreciate that the majority of them put their lives on the line every single day, and in most cases for the ungrateful public.

Thomas Windom likes this.
  12. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

The Other Half has "carried" for at least 20 years. His procedure, if he is stopped by the police (and he has been stopped only once in the last 30 years) is to hand the officer his drivers license, his carry permit, and to announce clearly, " There is a gun in the vehicle and it is located (on my person, under the seat, in the glove box, etc.)".

The one time we were stopped was at a rolling checkpoint in New Mexico near the border. We presented all IDs, permits and our passports immediately.. The agent thanked us for making his job easier and we chatted for a while.

13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

This stuff won't end until liberal mayors stop appointing police chiefs for political reasons and the corrupt media calls out those who enable this stuff, regardless of political leanings.

[​IMG]
    Nannette Hegerty
    Chief of Police, Milwaukee Wisconsin
    2003-2007​

The mayor at the time this beating occurred (Tom Barrett) continued to hold his seat for another 17 years, so I guess the citizens either were not all that upset or media misdirection provided him cover. And even then, he was not voted out. He resigned when Biden made him Ambassador to Luxembourg.

It all flows from the top. When criminals are given a pass (becoming in vogue these days) and the police are vilified (also a hip thing to do), good cops will get are being chased away and departments will be dominated by thugs in uniform (which is all part of the plan.) And those responsible are given cushy ambassadorships. "The buck stops there ->"

Tom Galty and Thomas Windom like this.