Police Shoot and Kill An Unarmed Homeless Man

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is all over the news today, and the video is shocking. You can see that there are a bunch of law enforcement trying to capture two homeless people. It doesn't appear that the men had committed any kind of a crime; unless it was that they were sitting on the street and not supposed to be there.
    The police are holding the homeless man down on the ground and screaming at him, and then they just start shooting him.
    There must have been quite a few bystanders because you can hear people screaming that the police shot and killed the homeless man, and someone was obviously there with their cellphone filming the whole thing.
    I realize that police have to be able to protect themselves; but when there were so many of them, and they had the man on the ground, why kill him ? ? It didn't look like he was resisting them except trying to get away and run like the other man was doing.

2. Teresita Campaner

Teresita Campaner Veteran Member
    Registered

I did read that piece of injustice in today's newspaper, and it made me wonder what made that policeman rabid towards that homeless man.