Political Spelling

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Bobby Cole, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The State of the Union address will be aired shortly but I am not sure if the audience will be as full as it could have been if a problem in spelling hadn't arisen.

Apparently, everyone in Congress gets 2 tickets in order to go to the function but some are slightly confused and might not really know where to go or what they are going to.
    The tickets, which have gone through spell check, the printers check and even proofed by the printers and mailers but everyone still missed a pretty big mistake.

The invitation that all of the congress members received was for the "State of the UnioM address. What and where is the state of the uniom..............?

If something so miniscule is so sorely missed by those representing the White House, it is no wonder that there are so many problems passing a simple bill through congress. It is also no wonder why Nancy Pelosi said in reference to the Obama Care bill, "We have to pass it, before we can read it."

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Are you serious? How can anyone miss that??

Anyway, I don't usually watch the State of the Union and probably won't watch this but may record...when is it on?

I'm dreading the headlines tomorrow though....

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

9 P.M. eastern time. Tuesday night.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

So 6:00 pm for me. Thanks!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

icon_lol.gif This must be fake news or you would of put this in the politics and Government Forum..

Shirley Martin and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Actually.............It's real.
    I didn't feel that the spelling faux pas merited a whole thread on the political board because I knew there wouldn't be that many responses and of little interest in the long run.
    It's just one of those conversational topics that one uses when passing the time of day rather than hard line politics.

Bottom line though is that I really do wish it was fake news. It is hard to believe that an item like a presidential invitation would go from concept to finished product with an error so apparent that even a kid in the third grade could possibly spot it.
    It is a shame that college educated professionals didn't.

7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Ha ha - a bit like 'The Apprentice' :p

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Trump did it just to deflect the media from what was really going on. :D

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I can actually almost believe that to be true or maybe it has something to do with translating Russian to English. Our American agencies are so tech that they can see the exact details of what a mosquito is doing from a couple thousand miles in space, but they couldn't see a mistake on the presidential invitation for the State of the Union Address just 6 inches in front of their face.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I believe that the responsibility for that goes to the Sergeant at Arms office of the Congress, and not the White House. The President is considered a guest, as he addresses Congress and the American people to deliver the State of the Union address. I find it difficult to believe that someone wouldn't have noticed the error in time to correct it, but I don't think that the White House had anything to do with it. Of course, it will be treated as if Trump personally sent it out.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

It is true that it happened but it was immediately taken care of..They were not sent ... But of course it was 2 "unknown sources" from CNN that posted it ,, so it all became aka" Fake News "....The invites that had the mistake were not sent to anyone !

Ken Anderson likes this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

https://www.gq.com/story/typo-invitations-state-union
    As seen by the tweet in this article, it is apparent that they really were sent.........................