Pope Francis Says World Must Rule The United States For Their Own Good

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Babs Hunt, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

https://explainlife.com/pope-francis-world-government-must-rule-u-s-for-their-own-good-6447/

Although Biblical prophecy predicts that one day there will be a One World Government led by the Antichrist....I hope that "one day" does not come in our time.

Pope Francis is certainly not speaking for America...or for our Fore Fathers who left their Country to have the Freedom to govern theirselves. And he's certainly not speaking for this American who wants nothing to do with a One World Government!

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Do you have a news source @Babs Hunt ?

Is there an official English translation of what he probably said in Italian? Not edited? Then I’ll believe it.

I like Pope Francis....and I like you too but this is one area where we don’t see eye to eye.

Maybe I should have kept quiet.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

There's no reason for you not to state your opinion Chrissy and there's no reason we have to agree on Pope Francis either. I would put my disagreement on anyone who said the US needs to be ruled by a One World Government.

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

But is it true? Did he say that?

I’m leery of most translations...they are seldom accurate.

I don’t know who translates for Facebook but Ive looked at how a few messages are translated from my Hungarian friends and it’s laughable...doesn’t even come close to what is being written.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

There are many web pages that say he said this and also you tube videos. He has said plenty about the world needing a One World Government and that we can not have a personal relationship with God or Jesus unless we go through the Catholic Church for that. That is bull crap! We don't need to go through the Catholic Church to be saved....Jesus is the one who saves us.

There is plenty of proof of the things the Pope is saying that are not Biblical but you are going to have to look that up for yourself if you want that truth.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I’m not interested in web pages or YouTube videos ...they all have a bias.

And not everyone believes how you do Babs...that’s fine for you and you can believe that but I believe differently.

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Also...I’m not defending him because he’s head of the Catholic Church ....I’m not a very good catholic anymore but I just like his personality.

Ive been looking and a lot of what he’s accused of saying isnt true and some even comes from satire sites.

And again....translation is very important and you can’t translate word for word ..it simply doesn’t work.

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Accurate translation is vital, but even accurate translations from one language into another can vary. @Bobby Cole may have a better handle on some translations than I do, but I have seen biblical translations vary a lot, and modern languages are no different. Francis IS, however, a very political Pope, and he has said quite a number of things that have caused uproar among the conservatives within Catholicism. He is very concerned about the environment, and has criticized many of the nations of the world on their immigration policies, the U.S. included...odd coming from the head of the nation with the most restrictive immigration policy on earth and surrounded by a wall.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well Chrissy I put up a News Article...if you don't believe you have a right to that opinion. And I have a right to mine to believe it especially since I have done enough research that makes my mind up that he did say this and more.

While you have done no research but are forming your opinion on your bias for the Pope.

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

For those of us who have knowledge of Biblical Prophecy we know that the end times will bring forth not only a One World Government but also a One World Religion which will be to try to set up satan's kingdom...not God's. No one has to agree with me but with what Pope Francis has been saying and doing is in my opinion showing that he is working towards this.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I find that hard to believe along with millions of Catholics worldwide.

Catholics have the majority in Christian religions...so I would believe them above the others...

I don’t hear Catholics saying they are following the anti christ...

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

And your bias is against him.

Only way for the actual truth would be if we heard the whole thing live and in English or with an approved translator.

Google is not an approved translator.

I had to have my birth certificate translated...had to pay for an official translator.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

And the real truth is that nobody knows the real truth.....NOBODY.

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Christians (those of non Catholic faith) believe their authority comes from God and His Truth in the Bible. Catholics are taught that the Catholic Church under the authority of the Pope is where their truth comes from @Chrissy Cross. So while we may believe in the same God....the question of "who is boss" differs in the Catholic church and other Christian churches.