Post-cataract Surgery Droopy Eyelid

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope that "exercising" your eyelids will work for you @Cody Fousnaugh....sometimes though our "older" skin will just not bounce back. If you find that after at least 6 months of faithful eye exercise your lids are not getting better than you may need some "eyelid tuck" surgery. :) My ex had to have this as when your lids sag to much they also interfere with the natural workings of your eyeballs.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

So, even if I wait a few weeks to use it, does anyone here think the Eyelid Tightening Cream (from Ultra) would help? It is made to "lift" the eyelid up, so surgery wouldn't be needed.

I just read that Medicare will not cover cosmetic reconditioning, such as an eyelid lift surgery AND that there are some serious complications that can happen with that surgery also. Actually, as many, if not more, than having cataract surgery.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The VA covered that surgery for my ex. Personally I think the Cream would just be a temporary fix if anything.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not living close to a VA Hospital here and none of the VA Clinics do any kind of surgery. That's why I used my Medicare and Florida Blue for part of my costs for my cataract surgeries. Actually, my hip replacement and right rotator cuff surgery was done thru company insurance that I had in Colorado and my left rotator cuff surgery was done using Medicare and Florida Blue here. Only surgery I've had done with the VA was in 1988.