Prayer Request Please

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Babs Hunt, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you all so much and keep those prayers coming. My anxiety is much calmer today and I know that has a lot to do with your prayers.

Thursday is going to be a nice day weather wise over here so I am planning on going with my husband then to get my new license and my husband an ID. So please keep those prayers going to keep my courage up to do just that.

Thanks everyone. :)

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't understand. Both of us renewed our Florida D.L. online last year and was sent a new one in the mail. No test of any kind, however did have to take a vision test when we got our first Florida D.L. after moving here. No written test though.

Just looked it up and, when we move, if it is to Colorado, no test of any kind is required. We just turn in our Florida one, show our Passports (to show legal residency in the U.S.) and pay $25. Requirements don't say anything about taking a vision test.

However, when we moved to North Carolina, both of us had to take a vision test and written test. Wife done fine, but I missed the most I could on the test without failing and having to return.

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

In all the years Ive had a license I only had to do the vision my last renewal...think because my pic was getting too old....I always just renewed by mail and they'd keep using the same pic.

Edit: I did have to go do the whole test when I moved back from Hungary...I had let my DL expire.

So I got my California one in 2003 and only had one vision test and had to go into the DMV...I may be forgetting something but that's how I remember it.

The driving and written and vision were scary but I passed. :)

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Every State has different requirements. I only have to take the vision test again not any other test @Cody Fousnaugh.

I did renew my license last time through the mail but the DMV does not do that every renewal. It can be done online to if they send you a notice of this. Once your older though they want you to come in and take the vision test. :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yep.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I don't think I could do the whole test now...I'd be a nervous wreck and make stupid mistakes even though I am a good driver.

Hope I NEVER have to do it again...plus study for the written. Ugh.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I think our Licenses are good for 6 or 8 years now...so this should be my last renewal. :)

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I should check when I have to renew....think it will be my mail...I hope. :)

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

You should receive something in the mail quite awhile before your birthday if they are going to allow you to renew by mail or online.

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Just looked..expires 4-18-2020.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow! This spiritual message that comes daily in my email sure hit the nail on the head! :)

SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND by MARSHA BURNS

When your peace is disturbed by circumstances, look to Me. I will lead you in the way of tranquility. Even though your soul is in turmoil, I am with you to calm your storm. I will bring you into quiet rest and establish you in a place of peace. Be still and deliberately seek My face as you yield to the work that I am doing in you right now. Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Prayers were answered in a way I wasn't even expecting. I didn't have to take the vision test at all...and this is not normal procedure at the DMV. I have my new DL now and it is good for the next six years.

But not having to take the vision test when I was supposed to have to do that as part of renewing my license was not the only blessing.

Since my Honey was also getting his Real ID we had to bring important papers and identification like our SS card, Birth Certificate, proof of residency, etc. I put all this in a folder and when we got back home we discovered we had left the folder on a outside bench we were sunning ourselves on while waiting for my DL and my Honey's ID to be completed.

The wind was blowing really strong yesterday so that folder could have blown away...and someone could have taken off with our papers to use them to get into our credit and banking info etc. It could have ended up having a very bad ending for us. I tried for two hours to get the DMV on the phone but they would not answer their phone...and I was to upset to drive back there. So my daughter picked me up and took me back there. We all had been praying the whole time that an "angel" would find that folder and hand it to someone with the DMV...and an angel did. I walked inside and looked on the counter by the Receptionist who had checked us in and given us our waiting number...and there right next to her monitor was our bright purple folder with all our papers in it. Praise God for that big blessing and answered prayer.

13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Babs Hunt likes this.