Prince Harry & Meghan

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ed Wilson, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Apparently they would prefer a not so royal life, so I wish them well. I do not doubt that the relentless tabloid gossip had a large part in their decision. Tabloids drove Harry's mother to her death and I believe are driving him and his wife out of Briton for some peace in their lives. It seems the rest of the royal family was blindsided by their decision according to news reports, but even royal families have their issues.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  2. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

If they want to get on with their own life, they should be able to do so. I do think it was rude of them not to discuss it with the family first and
    make a joint announcement in some sort of solidarity. I also think they should immediately stop taking money from the British people for their decorating, other endeavors and security. If they don't want to 'serve the crown', then they should go get real jobs and financially support themselves.
    Truthfully, I think one wanna-be queen is jealous over the other future queen.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Pardon me, but... YAWN. I'm trying to figure out why they are "news" anyway. If I were a Brit, I'd be glad to not pay for Meghan's Manolo Blahnik shoes anymore. :p

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree with that statement
    I was so happy for them when they married but I haven't liked much from them since. The biggest shock was not informing
    the Queen of their decision, preferring to go onto social media - that destroyed any fondness I had for them. It was a 'hard'
    smack in the face for the Queen who did her best to please them.
    I don't want to hear them nor see them

Lois Winters and Bess Barber like this.
  5. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Looks like she has gone home to Mother.

Bess Barber and Lois Winters like this.
  6. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

EN6AgLaWoAA4Bdf.jpeg found this on twitter

7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I told y'all to start with that the royal family would never accept a biracial person into the fold.

8. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I thought of that too @Shirley Martin but I think in this case it's the Z-list actress who's ambitions are driving this.

Lois Winters and Shirley Martin like this.
  9. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know what all the brouhaha is about. Just accept their decision, address them now as Mr. & Mrs. Henry Mountatten-Windsor and son Archie. No more fussy titles, fancy homes on the taxpayer's dime and not a farthing in pay. Daddy's allowance will suffice.

Monica Rich and Bess Barber like this.
  10. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I don't know what news is true and what isn't, but apparently, she is interested in reviving her acting career. All well and good, but in light of 'Monarchy', Harry, as a prince, should not only reside in the UK, but he should do his bit supporting his grandmother, dad and brother. It's his job. I personally don't understand how the whole thing is set up, other than watching 'The Crown' on Netflix, but I take it as being a pretty big deal for him to bail on the family.
    Even the family photographer said, almost in tears, how hurtful this was and also aid it was due to her jealousy over Kate. I think that is probably the case. Then again, I never liked her anyway.

Lois Winters likes this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

It was reported earlier today that Prince Charles will cut them off; no more "allowance" from daddy. Oops. (They'll have to make do with the millions Harry inherited from his mother, boo hoo.)

Patsy Faye and Lois Winters like this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I was wondering why on earth Harry and Meghan left the baby behind in Canada when they went home to England to drop their bombshell. Just read this article from Marie Claire, which makes you go "hmmmmm."

According to reports, the royal family operates with a strange custody agreement when its couples have their own children, which states that, actually, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has full legal custody over the young royals. Royal expert Marlene Koenig explained to news outlets: “The sovereign has legal custody of the minor grandchildren.”

Lois Winters likes this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Don't agree with that at all
    She was certainly welcomed into the family and its the immediate ones that count
    You'll always get those that dislike you - that's life
    They are an unstable couple for sure and you can't say a word to them for fear of getting reprimanded
    Good riddance to them

14. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Reported today that their dogs are being shipped to Canada.

Hope Im wrong but have a feeling that Harry will be staying

15. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Tom Galty 'She' has no family in Canada so I don't think Harry will be staying here