Private Browsing Mode

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Bill Boggs, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Do we have such a mode or is this something I need to resolve with Safara?

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Click on your name...then click on ''privacy''

Then untick
    • Show your online status

This will allow other people to see when you are online.
      • Show your current activity
        This will allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing.
      Don't forget to click ''save changes'' at the bottom of the page

3. Bill Boggs

Registered

Thanks, but not sure this is the problem. I think it may have more to do with the double page symbol
    up in the right corner of the page. I don't know. I'll follow through on your instructions, Holly, and see
    if this gets me anywhere. I may have more than one problem.

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Can you explain what the problem is that you are having, @Bill Boggs , and what you want to do differently ? What Holly explained to you is a private browsing mode, in that it does not show when you are on the forum, in the little box on the right that says “members online now”, and it does not show the little green dot by your avatar.
    If you do not want anyone here to know that you are online on the forum, then changing the privacy settings will do that.

If this is NOT what you want to do, then there is probably a different answer, but I don’t understand exactly what the issue is.
    Please elaborate !

Ken Anderson and Holly Saunders like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The double page symbol is used in preparation for exiting the program. If you click on it, the page will minimize and if you look at the top left side of the page, you’ll see an “x”. If you click on the x then it will exit the whole program.
    Chances are, if you have never used the double page symbol, you have quite a few programs still running in the background. Cleaning them up will help out a lot with your battery.

Dunno about the silent browsing thing though,

Ken Anderson likes this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Registered

Thanks to all of you. Problems are fixed. The problems started with my good fortune when my daughter gave me her Air iPad 13.2 or something. She was going to take her granddaughter's iPad which was a later edition than the one she gave me and she was going to buy the granddaughter a new one and take c her granddaughters. Mine was all cleared out.
    " Hello," it said to me. So I set it up. I have two older iPads which I decided to donate and I reset them both and cleared everything out.

Then I decided to keep the larger one and set it back up, then changed my mind and reset the large one and decided to keep the Mini. I set it back up. Finally deleted both old iPads and put them in my donation sack. I didn't realize what I was doing on both old iPads was affecting my Mac and new iPad. I messed up my email, my Apple ID and password, my email password and some of the sites I go to often. It's been a mess for a dumb-bunny. I had to redo everything and somethings I did I didn't know I did. I got confused resetting up my e Mail password and my Apple password and had to redo and get new password , twice or three times. It's been a nightmare.

At last with your help and my ability to control my anger and frustrations so I didn't throw them all in the trash bin, it is all working as it should. So, to all of you,
    thanks and 'Merry Everything & Happy Always.' Apologies for being such a pain in the rear.

7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Funny thing. Today my anger was really challenged. I normally pick up my mail at the post office in the afternoon. When I got there today there was a sign saying that the hours today were 8-11am. There was no sign yesterday telling that. So I go to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription and I had to spell my name 3 times(2 to 1 person, 1 to another) and then had to wait while the newbie learned how to process. Then I go to the convenience store to get some iced coffee and for the 2nd day in a row, they have none. So I drive 7 mile to another place and am now happy. Sorry if I sidetracked the thread.

8. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Nothing like feeling your patience is REALLY being tested!! :D

9. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

The best was yet to come. I didn't have a chance to look at the prescription until I was preparing supper. Then I looked and they'd given me someone else's prescription. So spelling my name 3 times did not get me anything.
    But when I returned to pharmacy I was still in a chillin mode.

Beth Gallagher likes this.