Private Messages

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Eric Cook, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

Haha, Patsy, not to worry dear. i just now got here, and in fact its the same dern way the Senior Forums do it.!! so dumb me.. eh? o_O. and thank you, Mr. Joe!!
    Aw well,what can i say.. 6796f569632378e0a7a3e39ac4ad0043_48_zps1b32718d.jpg

2. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I recently discovered the "conversations" envelope. Is this as secure as the Private Message site on my old Forum? For my eyes and the message recipient's only?

Thanks,
    Hal

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Although there may be slight differences from one forum software to another, what is called Conversations here is basically the same thing that is called Private Messages somewhere else. It can be among two members, three, or as many as are invited. Actually, I think there is a limit to the number of members who can be invited, but I think it's high. While nothing is totally secure on the Internet, only those who have been invited to join a Conversation should have access to it. Although most forum software allows administrators to access Private Messages or Conversations, as they are here, in the event that something illegal might be going on, I don't think most administrators care to read that stuff. With the forum software I have here, I would have to buy an add-on in order to access Conversations that I haven't been invited to and I have not, nor will I do that. That's none of my business, nor do I have any interest in making it my business. Some forum software might allow moderators to view private messages too, but not this one.

Holly Saunders and Bess Barber like this.