Project Coming To Pass

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Martin Alonzo, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Judo club is now open after waiting months for the mats to show up and trying to find judogis [uniform for the practice of judo] for the children. It finally came to pass the children are eager to learn and I am eager to teach them a sports which I loved. I often thought it was unfair to take knowledge that people want to your grave so I am teaching these children at the age of 74. There was one pleasant surprise I had my niece in Canada searching the entire second-hand store to find these used judogis because the people in the countryside of the D.R the average make US$100 per month to live on and Judogis normally cost that for one gi. My niece asked one of the Judo clubs in Canada if they had any unwanted Judogis and got a pleasant surprise they donated a bunch of gi so far I have not seen them and my niece is going to ship them down to me. Hard things we will do right now the impossible will take a little longer.

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I am glad to hear of your progress, Martin. Sounds like a great, and rewarding project! You are one vetran Judoka!;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Honey Gee and Martin Alonzo like this.
  3. Martin Alonzo

Registered

You would be surprised just how accurate that photo is. So far the body has not suffered much except the burses from white belts.
    This sport I loved so much have great people in it like I said there was a Judo club called Tora in Brampton Ontario Canada who donated judogis to people they don't know in a foreign country without proof just a request. There is some great people in this sport.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Joe Riley likes this.
  4. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Well done Martin..What lucky children :)

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That's good news, @Martin Alonzo! A few of my grandsons took/are taking Tae Kwon do. I think it's a great discipline for young boys...it teaches them a lot, not just self defense.

Edit: not just for boys, girls also. I always saw a few girls in my grandsons classes and they were GOOD.

6. Martin Alonzo

Registered

I had two girls who were champions in the junior Olympics that would be equal to Ontario champion. I found girls are better at learning judo because they learn technique because they do not have the strength.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't know the reason but makes sense.