Psychics

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Adam Fields, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Adam Fields

Adam Fields Veteran Member
    Registered

This is a bit similar to my other thread but I feel that it is completely different in most aspects. What is your opinion on so called psychics? Personally I do not believe in it. I think it is a pretty disgusting "profession" that preys on people who are usually going through a traumatic experience of some sort. I would be interested in hearing about what other people believe though.

Edwin Clarke likes this.
  2. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

I think that people with psychic ability are very good at reading people. They quickly assess what it is that their clients what to know. It has nothing to do with contacting the dead or what is in the cards and more to do with what we reveal about ourselves unconsciously.

I used to work with a woman who had lost a child. She regularly went to psychics who, she said, told her things that no-one could possibly know about her life. It comforted her to believe that her dead child could communicate through a psychic and she would often come into work all excited and happy about what a psychic had told her the previous evening.

Edwin Clarke likes this.
  3. Michelle Keiser

Michelle Keiser Veteran Member
    Registered

The topic of psychic's has always interested me greatly. Do I want to believe, yes, do I believe, let's just say I have never experienced anything to make me believe. I have never met a psychic or have had my palm read or anything of the sort. To me it should be as easy as...either you believe or you don't believe. I have to be difficult however and put myself on the fence of the "not sure if it's real or not" answer. For those that believe in something, no matter what it is, your mind is already geared that this is something you have accepted to be true, something you trust, so you have put any doubts of its "realness" out of your mind and your a true believer. So in my mind, if a psychic tells me something I am more likely to link it to being part of who I am, I allow my mind to say yes, that is true. Does that make sense? I don't know...it is a puzzle to me. I suppose if I were to actually meet someone who claims to have this ability I might think differently on the subject. I have read where psychic's have helped find missing people, etc...stuff of that nature so I have to almost believe there is realness to this...this is an interesting topic that I would like to continue talking about. I am new here so I haven't really checked out a lot of the different topics but I surely would love to hear if anyone has had experiences with psychic's and what their thoughts are on the subject.

4. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe that there are some people that can see or are aware of situations that some people may call psychic. There are times I can see or feel something, I am not trying to read a person. I just feel it or dream it. When I was a child I had this dream that the house was flooding, I kept hearing water running. My mother looked for running water in the house there was none. One night as she was backing out of the driveway to go to work I heard the water running down the wall of the dinning room from the bathroom. Had I not been listening for water there is no telling how much damage would have been done to the house. At that time I did not know how to cut off the main water valve.

I have gone to psychic's for readings just for the fun of it. Some a crooks and some are real.

5. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I think there is such a thing as psychic ability. To an certain degree I think we all have in us. Its that gut feeling that tells us that something is going to happen and it does. It also happens when we dream something and it happens, this one I have experienced myself. As for psychics who are professional at it, I take them with a grain of salt. But there have been a few that I have encountered that did floor me on what they were able to pick up. So, I think that Psychics are real, but its hard to filter out the real ones from the con artist.

6. Edwin Clarke

Edwin Clarke Veteran Member
    Registered

Here is great news. Really. For everyone that truly has even some tiny psychic power.

Hurry along to http://www.randi.org
    They are giving away one million dollars to the first genuine psychic that turns up. Easy money!!!

When you have collected your one million dollars, please pop back here and let us know :)
    In addition, you'll be famous. This prize money has been offered for many years now. Somehow all takers so far were proved in rigorous tests to be either self-deluded or outright cheats.

quote from the site:
    The James Randi Educational Foundation will pay US$1,000,000 (One Million US Dollars) to any person who demonstrates any psychic, supernatural, or paranormal ability under satisfactory observation.

7. Kenneth Moore

Kenneth Moore Veteran Member
    Registered

I also came across Jame Randi a while back. He has this brilliant talk on Youtube about psychics and homeopathic drugs. Definitely changed my perspective on these superstitions. Worth a watch.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Z7KeNCi7g

Edwin Clarke likes this.
  8. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

I think there are people with psychic ability. Sometimes you can just know things, you get a feeling and how or why that feeling comes to you is anyone's guess, but for me I tend to listen to those feelings. Maybe it is psychic, or maybe it is a guardian angel, or maybe the mind churned out a solution or noticed something before a person noticed it on their own.

I have gone to readers and can't say i have ever been blown away by any of them, that is until last year when i went with my sister to Lilydale. We went into the free reading gathering they had, and sat to listen. I had no thought in my mind on anyone or any questions I felt i needed answered by the dead. The first two psychics did their thing, it seemed some of it was pretty generalized. Then the next one started talking about this guy that worked as a civil servant, and no one was claiming this in the gallery, and she goes on and on about these books and stuff and still no one, and then all of a sudden she says, "He wants me to tell you ..." and she made a statement that almost made me fall on the floor.

I have a very good friend who worked in the family run business along with his father who was a very nice but elderly man. he was telling me of an upcoming surgery he was due to have and very uncertain about the outcome. I related to him something my grand mother had said to me once and he agreed at the statement. It was a very old statement that people do not say anymore. It was exactly what the psychic repeated. If that was not weird enough i went and asked my friend if his father ever had another career before that business and he said, "Why yes... didn't you know that dad had been a mailman." i never knew that, he never told me that. Lucky hit by the psychic? I wrestled with this for quite sometime in my mind and do feel that there are things that can happen on a psychic level and that there is probably an afterlife/

@Edwin Clarke As far as amazing Randi and his challenge goes he is as bad as some of the charlatans out there.

Corie Henson likes this.
  9. Edwin Clarke

Edwin Clarke Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry Jenn,
    I don't get pleasure popping your bubble, but the only real way for a psychic to prove himself is letting him/herself be tested scientifically, and none have ever managed that. Not since Houdini so successfully exposed the psychics of his day as a gang of frauds.

Psychics regularly get away with fraudulent techniques like "cold reading" or secret partners in the audience that pass on information to make them seem genuine.

The best way to get egg all over my face is to help your favorite psychic win that one million dollars from James Randi.
    The rules are simple and the money is insured by Lloyd's of London.
    Any psychic that wins the million will shut me up good and proper. Serious. You can humiliate me totally this way.

But until that day arrives I will claim that all psychics are self deluded or outright frauds who extort money from victims who are poor, helpless, gullible, or in genuine distress.

All psychics are mentally ill.
    Most psychics are bloodsucking money-extorting vampire parasites that need to be exposed to the light of day.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  10. Molly Fenster

Molly Fenster Veteran Member
    Registered

Thats just jitter-jatter. I believe in science, so this kind of "psychics" that can read your mind with zero evidence.. no, that just cant work. I will believe after you bring me proper, scientific evidence about this phenomenon.

Sheldon Scott and Edwin Clarke like this.
  11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Put me in the corner with the nonbelievers.

Sheldon Scott and Edwin Clarke like this.
  12. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

There was this psychic named Danny Atienza who was interviewed on radio years ago. He was asked to predict the outcome of the upcoming fight of Manny Pacquiao. The psychic said that Pacquiao SHOULD end the fight in the first 5 rounds otherwise he MAY lose the fight. Take of the words in all caps. And read the sentence in its entirety. Is that a fair prediction or simply fishing?

To my mind, there are mysteries on earth and one of these is that psychic thing. However, being psychic is a gift and not learned. Besides, psychic powers should not be used for profit. So what do those psychics on tv would say to this?

13. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

If any of you know someone who is psychic please have them call me with the winning numbers of the next powerball drawing. Thanks.

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:On youtube.com there are videos of 2 people. One is Kim Russo. Kim Russo has a show called Psychic Intervention and The Haunting of...Kim has helped many people and she is a psychic medium.

Another person I'd like to tell you about is Amy Allan. Amy Allan is a psychic medium. Amy has helped a lot of people.

These people who are psychic are real people with families who are gifted and helps people. I've known a Priest from Japan who made Hawaii her home. She also helped people. She is retired and living on the mainland the last that we know of her. Another psychic who helped many people lived in Nuuanu. She helped us and others. She has passed away and we miss her. The people that I know that are truly psychic are very kind and very helpful. There are real psychic people in this world, so fear not for they can help. I believe them, but each of us have our own opinion.