Purpose Of The Game Development Sub-forum

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by Ken Anderson, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have added this sub-forum as a place where new games can be discussed. If you have an idea for a new game, and you know it's going to work, perhaps because it's being played elsewhere, you can simply start the game play in the regular games section. But if you have an idea for a game but you're not sure that the instructions are clear, or you'd like to collaborate on a new game with other forum members, this is the place for it.

This might also be a place where questions about playing a game can be asked and answered, rather than interrupting a game in progress.

Once the game has been developed, and you know how it's going to be played, you can start the new game in the regular game section.

2. Jeff Tracy

Jeff Tracy Veteran Member
    Registered

How about a word game called 'Pieces of eight' ?
    To start just needs a couple of words and the winner is the person who finds the most words from that couple of words ?
    [​IMG]
    For example, if I wrote ............................seniors only
    and then suggested a minimum number words I knew to be hidden in it ...it would be 404
    it would be too many, so only seven letters or more would make it 37
    if it was eight letters or more it would be 5 = erosions, ironness, lornness, rosinols, looniness.
    So eight letters minimum seems about right ..... so 'Pieces of eight' could be the name of the game.
    The winner could start all over with a new couple of words .... English only- No place names or names.
    Any suggestions or improvements or rules ?
    Or perhaps scrap this and think of something else ?

Ken Anderson likes this.
  3. Jeff Tracy

Jeff Tracy Veteran Member
    Registered

Lets collaborate on this one ... THE BLACK HOLE ... Put stuff in or take it out.

First person .............I put in a cabbage.

Second person.........I take out coleslaw.

OR

First person .............I take out the trash.

Second person.........I put in some more.

Lois Winters likes this.
  4. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Just saw this one, Jeff and I like it. Want to get it started?

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you have a game idea that might be a good idea, you can post it here if you want some help in fleshing the rules out; otherwise, you can simply start the game in the games section by posting the rules and giving some examples. As with the rest of the forum, it's quite likely that some of the games here ran their course with those actively playing at the time and may have fizzled out. Feel free to look through some of the older games and restart them if you'd like to, since it's possible that, with new blood, there might be some renewed interest in them.