Que Sera Sera (whatever Will Be Will Be)

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ruth Belena, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

I heard the Doris Day recording of this song played on the radio yesterday and ir took me right back to my childhood. It also reminded me of the impact of its simple lyrics.http://www.metrolyrics.com/whatever-will-be-will-be-lyrics-doris-day.html

That "the future is not ours to see" has always been part of my thinking. Not that I don't believe in making plans and preparing to follow a certain route, but that it is useless to worry about what might or may not happen in future.

As a child at the time this song was popular, I could identify with the lyrics and saw Doris Day as a beautiful mother reassuring her children that, as her own mother told her, speculating on how things will turn out is a waste of time because we will never know until it happens.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

Carlota Clemens likes this.
  3. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I love this song and I am also a fan of Doris Day. Loved her movies and her music. By the way do you know the name of the movie that this famous song came from? It was actually featured in an Alfred Hitchcock film calle The Man Who Knew Too Much. In this film Day co-starred with actor Jimmy Stewart.

4. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you Hannah. Its lovely when our memories get jogged with such pleasant thoughts :)

5. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

My father was an enthusiast fan of Doris Day and I don't remember if there was a daily show aired on TV, a movie channel devoted to her or what, but I can remember to hear her sing almost every night while I was 5 or 6 year old, then a pause until the arrival of Beta and VHS videocassette recorders, time at which my dad began to bring home all movies and TV shows where Doris appeared.

Curious fact is that he never bought a vinyl record or cassette to play all those song that he liked so much.

6. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Doris Day and Jimmy Stewart were two of my favorite actors. I enjoyed listening to Ms. Day sing. There are times now I will listen to one of her songs on Youtube.

Carlota Clemens likes this.