Rambling Around Ina’s Mind

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Ina I. Wonder, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross, tell’em “no feel good, no tip” Oooops, I just remembered wrong place and wrong person to bribe or threaten. Them docs can be mean, and you’d never know it. :confused:

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm done! :)

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree @Ina I. Wonder that our offspring not having anything in the future to look forward too...or even any of us not having anything to look forward too would be a terrible thing. My Faith and the Bible I believe in tell me there is a wonderful Future ahead of us...if only we believe and receive the gift our Creator offers us.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I don't know what the future holds but the kids I see at Cal Poly are pretty good kids. Such a caring bunch, it amazes me.

I read all the posts on Facebook by their parents and you can tell they were raised right. There are liberal and conservative parents but so far all I see is them all come together to help their freshmen navigate being away from home for the first time.

I have hope for the future ...it doesn't have to be like ours but as long as it's filled with good people I'm okay with that.

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

This is just one post. This person must have been in the recent fires....

Dear Mustang Family,
    Thank you so much for your kindness, compassion,love and support for our family. In the time since the fires ravaged our town and decimated our home and our neighborhood, I think we have all experienced every possible human emotion. Although it might seem tempting to sink into despair and stay there, this CP community has repeatedly reminded us of all that is good in this world. You have lifted us, buoyed us and demonstrated that there truly is hope for the future.
    I teach at a high school that was closed for three weeks. On my first (emotional) day back, I returned to my Mom’s house where we are staying temporarily and found the most generous collection of gift cards from the CP parent community. On my first day back with students,I received another huge envelope with more gift cards. You have showered our son with care packages with all his favorite things, and the messages, cards and emails and gifts you have all sent all of us have been overwhelmingly kind.

The care I am receiving, this feeling that I am being held in community by people I’ve never met, is what allows me to show up for kids in my community. We have about 170 students who have lost their homes in a school of 1560 kids. Many more are displaced and others’ lives have been disrupted by fear, mandatory evacuations, and even generosity of sharing their living spaces with people less fortunate than themselves. There is no easy fix. We will be on this road to recovery for years. With your support I am strong enough to be both vulnerable and fierce for my students. There are no words to express my gratitude for this.

Thank you again for supporting my family directly, and indirectly a group of teenagers who are just beginning to discover what they need and what they can give in this new reality we find ourselves in.

You mean the world to us.

Sincerely and with such gratitude,

Mustangs are the name of the college team and CP stands for Cal Poly.

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  6. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Well it does seem that there are still reasons to believe in the future for at least the next few generations. I found this article on things to come. (I hope I get the address right, but you know me. If it can be messed up, I will be the one to do it. So here’s my first attempt.)

https://omghews.today>...<ecology

Something tells me I did this wrong. :oops: :( How do I check to see if it’s messed up?

Well I now know I messed that up.

Copying the article might be the only way I can show it. Sorry for my ineptness.

Well it turns out I can’t even figure out how to copy the article. But here’s the info I do have.

The Mind Blowing World Our Great-Grandchildren Will Inhabit
    By Victor Shvart
    May 13, 2017

HELP!!! (Why me?). :mad:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yep, there will be some cool new technology that's for sure....who would have even thought of what we are seeing now even 50 yrs ago?

Kind of wish I could see it but...oh well. :)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  9. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

My brain is feverish tonight, and that makes me think of Michael more than I normally do. Before when I was sick, Michael always babied and care for me. When I would object, thinking he must be tired as well, he always reminded me that I got better quicker than if I didn’t get to receive “his” care, and he was right. He told me that was love too.

My Michael was a tall big well proportioned man, and had only gained ten pounds from the time he was twenty-one. He was proud that he had maintained most of the ideals the Marine Corp had taught him, although he admitted some of those ideals had to change.

Michael had never been sick a day in his life, until he was sixty-nine years old. Not even a headache. Then it was a slow decline for three years, and he died at home suddenly.

I have been feeling very guilty every since, and no matter what people have told me, that guilt has remained.

Tonight my muddled brain is wondering if maybe it has something to do with all the times he made the time to care for me. From the time I was seven my health has been very precarious, and I’ve had one health issue after another.

But I feel that I never got to return his loving care until he was sixty-nine, and then no matter how hard I tried, I could not give him enough loving care to save him.

Like I said in the title of this thread, these are just ramblings in minds, and I write them down in the hopes of understanding why I think of some of them.

10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I know you're just thinking out loud on here Dear Ina.... and not looking for replies...but I just want you to know that you have no reason to feel guilty... I'm sure Michael would be sad to think you were.((hugs)))

You and I are the same...one illness after another since childhood..I think it was the affect of the way we were both raised....

OTOH..my father didn't suffer an illness all his life, until the last 2 years and then he was hit with the big pole .... it's just the way it happens sometimes...

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.