Really Enjoying The Voice

Discussion in 'Music' started by Diane Lane, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I'd only seen a few episodes before this season, but I've been watching the blind auditions and am really enjoying them. I'm trying to hold off on cancelling my cable until the blind auditions are finished, which should be Monday, I believe. After that, I might not have live television, but I should still be able to watch the show via hulu or the NBC app.

Does anyone else watch the show? If so, are you enjoying this season? I really enjoy the banter among the judges, too. They've been working together long enough to have developed a nice rapport.

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I watch little TV but the one show I do insist on watching is The Voice. It's pretty user friendly in that they tone things down for the most part for any age viewer. The banter between Adam and Blake go on all season long with very little break because they are after all competing with each other. They both have multi-winners throughout the 9 years they have been on but are reportedly good friends.

Any time you might miss something they always display the singers the next day on YouTube plus they also have the last 9 years worth of singers posted as well. Last years Jordan Smith was on fire from the day he auditioned until he won the completion. Every now and then I do look him up and listen to some of his music again because he was just that good of a talent!

This year looks a little weaker than last but the auditions are not finished yet so I am anxious to see what comes up and who makes the cuts in the challenge phase.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We watch American Idol and have been for a few years now. Other shows we like are Mysteries of Laura, Last Man Standing and Shades of Blue. We generally record Dancing With The Stars so we can run thru the commercials and gab. Like to see the dancing, scores and who is illuminated. Also like America's Got Talent. Been watching that for a few years as well.
    Don't think either of us could ever go without tv! Just love it too much.

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks @Bobby Cole, that's good to know about YouTube. I'm not sure if I'll watch it all season, but so far I'm enjoying the blind auditions. I'm not familiar with how the whole show goes, what the battles involve, etc. I hate to lose my live channels, but since the provider refuses to quit jacking the price up, I have no choice but to cut the cable. I'm probably going to dig out my old antennas and try hooking them up. ABC came in strong when I used them before, but NBC is pretty much nonexistent here, and CBS was always stalling and cutting out, as well.

I use to watch American Idol when it first started, @Cody Fousnaugh, but I tend to lose interest in a lot of shows after a few seasons. I lasted longer with that than most, but when I was working evenings, it interfered, and I didn't have a DVR, so my TV viewing became sporadic, until I finally stopped watching, because I was way too far behind.