Redneck, Pure Genius Or... Both?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Bobby Cole, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

When I peruse YouTube or just look around at what people do, sometimes I am just absolutely amazed at what folks can come up with.
    From playing a song on a hand saw to rigging a windmill to power a two man crosscut tree saw in order to cut firewood.

Face it, humans are inventive and each of us has that spark that can drive any one of us to make something out of nothing and get away with it.

Now, here’s a guy who obviously couldn’t afford to get his transmission fixed so he applied a little knowledge of motion, mechanics and physics to rig up a way to make his truck go backward. I almost wrote, into reverse but technically, his tires are still going forward.
    Hence the topic: Redneck? Genius? or Both?

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

It's called "Reverse Engineering"! ;)

John Brunner and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Classic "Redneck Engineering". My dad was neither a Redneck nor an Engineer, but that man could come up with a way to fix anything. It may not have been a pretty fix, but he could put Rube Goldberg to shame...…...

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

That seems like a creative "solution," but I'd be more inclined to simply park in places where backing up would not be required. :D I'd give the guy a "Redneck" rating.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Well, here’s another one. Not very comical but this Redneck snowblower definitely rates into the near genius category in engineering. I think @Ken Anderson might like to take a little heftier look at the specs.

Joe Riley likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Definitely Redneck.....and probably a NASCAR fan to boot....

Joe Riley likes this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

We have a lawnmower that vacuums up leaves and dumps them in a cannister on the back. My son said he spent more time emptying the cannister than he did vacuuming. So my smart Redneck Boy came up with a redneck solution. We have a small trailer that we use for hauling things. He has a friend who installs heat pumps. He got a length of flexible AC pipe from him. He rigged a way to attach it to the outflow pipe on the lawnmower vacuum and attached the other end so that the leaves will blow into the trailer. The he covered the trailer with some heavy plastic to keep the leaves in there. It works, too. :D