Renewing Your Licence On Line

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Betty Jones, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Did you get a Notice To Renew in the mail? If you did, like we got for our boat trailer and Durango registration, we simply sent in a person check for each and they sent us the new registrations/tags.

2. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

i didnt get any thing for my licence- i did get my registraton papers i have to send in--i filled my licence information on line--they said every thing was approved and they sent me a paper with a gray star on top-and said i have to take it to the dmv--but there is no way you can get thru to them--

3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

No, Beth...what kind of license does the Department of Motor Vehicles handle?

Hal

4. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

NY extended all license and registrations for the duration.
    I do have to get my regular license converted to an enhanced, I may have to fly coming up and mine is not fed compliant. I also have to decide if I want to keep a class E, Taxi,Limo, and Chauffeur or drop back to a plain
    Class D. $60 difference and I haven't driven for pay in almost two years. Before Corona I used to pick up a few dollars driving on a per Diem basis once in a while. Wine Tours weddings and the like are way down.

Betty Jones likes this.
  5. Betty Jones

Registered

thanks peter--i read where you could sign up on line 150 days before your licence is due because of the carona--mine isnt due until oct 2020
    i thought i would get a head start because every thing is going to be crowed-i sent in all my papers plus had an eye exam it cost 8 dollars--

6. Betty Jones

Registered

all they sent me back was a paper with a gray star on it--i was wondering as my experation date got closer they would send me a laminated card?

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, Maine initially voted against participating in REAL ID. Later, a Democrat state legislature voted to participate in it anyhow but to make it optional. Those of us who are not participating have NOT FOR FEDERAL PURPOSES on our driver's license.