Reps. Nancy Pelosi, Elijah Cummings Fall For Fake Flynn Account On Twitter

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Shirley Martin, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know how to get this from there to here but it was so funny to me. Will somebody get it here?

Joe Riley likes this.
  2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

Don't believe everything you see on Twitter.

Reps. Elijah Cummings and Nancy Pelosi fell for a Twitter account parodying Michael Flynn, who resigned Monday as President Trump's national security adviser for misleading the administration about his contacts with Russia.

"I believe we need to hold a public hearing with Flynn to get to the bottom of this," Cummings said during a news conference on Capitol Hill, citing the parody tweet.

Pelosi said, "The inference to be drawn from his statement is that other people had blame that should be shared in all of this."

The tweets came from an unverified account that launched this month. It has since been labeled a parody account by multiple news outlets and Snopes.

story

Joe Riley likes this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks! Now, is that not the funniest thing you have seen in a long time? :D

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Along the same lines, a Russian comedian called California Congresswoman Maxine Waters, and identified himself as the prime minister of Ukraine.

Now, Maxine Waters is one of those who called for Flynn to be arrested for “negotiating” with the Russian ambassador while the Trump administration was still in transition.

However, she was perfectly willing to discuss things with someone she believed to be the prime minister of Ukraine.

Source: The American Mirror
    Note: This is not a news source, but it's the only English translation I have. The article posts a link to his Facebook page but it's in Russian.

Joe Riley likes this.
  5. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

what a total Idiot

Joe Riley likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This isn't even funny. The same guy hit John McCain, also posting as the prime minister of Ukraine, and McCain's conversation comes very close to being treasonous. Certainly, a US Senator is not empowered to negotiate with a foreign government, particularly not to the detriment of the sitting president. I'm serious when I say that there should be calls for his resignation.

Joe Riley likes this.