Right To Life

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Ken Anderson, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry Bobby sometimes I'm a little dense..could you explain more . Why 1968 and what do you mean how many you've killed?

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I enjoyed this. One Interesting thread; interesting conversation.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

War in Vietnam.

Chris Ladewig and Martin Alonzo like this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh I see, thanks

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Oh, but it is very true. I have seen many women rushed to abortions over the years. The pro abortion folks don't want any hesitation and don't want them to have the time to change their minds. Quite a number of people are pro abortion, it is the people who want to allow a person to ponder the decision who are pro choice.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

No one is stopping anyone from pondering, Don...........except maybe the guy who doesn't want to pay child support. Besides, if one ponders too long, one may ponder themselves out of time for a legal abortion in some states.

Beth Gallagher and Sheldon Scott like this.
  7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Most of the waiting periods proposed are 72 hours, similar to buying an automobile in many states. The difference is that you can return the car if you have made a bad decision, but you can't undo an abortion, so the waiting period has to be before the procedure.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Lulu Moppet

Registered

And then I said: "By the time a woman decides abortion is her best choice, she has lived her pondering period. To be forced by law to have more is coddling, as if she cannot decide without forced protection regarding her decision. She is not a child.

People make bad decisions all the time. Hopefully, we learn from them. Women need no special indulgences."

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  9. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

When a person said they are pro abortion tell them glad your mother did not think so or you might not be here telling everyone that it is good

10. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

IMO focusing on abortion is the wrong approach in this day and age. I think that we would be better served if we brought sex out of the dark ages, learned to talk openly about it, supported sex education, easy access to safe inexpensive forms of contraception, etc... Abortion would still be an issue but it would be a much smaller issue.

It also bothers me when some people who are adamantly opposed to abortion are just as adamantly opposed to programs intended to provide healthcare, education, food, etc... to children. I don't get it.

Don Alaska and Lulu Moppet like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't think that bears out in reality. For one thing, opposing the endless flow of money flushed down the educational toilet is not akin to opposing education, and opposition to government-run healthcare is not akin to opposition to healthcare. But let's not get off on that topic. That might be the hot-button issue for some people, but this thread isn't all about abortion. Many of those who are the most opposed to abortion are among the first to advocate for the death penalty and war, and many of those who are known for their opposition to war and capital punishment are the most fervently pro-abortion. That's what seems odd to me, and that was the point of my opening post. Life neither begins or ends at birth.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't believe in abortion. What I do believe in is being responsible enough to prevent pregnancy in the first place if one does not want a baby. A woman deciding abortion is the best choice for her...is certainly not in my opinion thinking about what is the best choice for the baby...or even giving the baby a choice at all. With all the preventive stuff out there now days there is really no reason there has to be any unwanted pregnancies...or abortions to get rid of those pregnancies.

During War most killings would be considered in self-defense in my opinion but I would hate to be put in the position of choosing to take a life before they took mine.

As for murderers, rapists, people who kill others deliberately I believe they should pay for their crimes with death. There are consequences for everything we choose to do and in my opinion if someone chooses to deliberately take someone's life in these evil and violent ways then they deserve to pay for their crimes with their lives.

I know for a fact the even though I don't want to kill anyone...I'd do it in a heart beat if I found them raping, etc. one of my children or grandchildren.

13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

My point in responding to your post was to point out the hypocrisy of the terms--most of those claiming to have a point of view truly do not. I did not intend to start a debate on the merits of abortion, but I am willing to do that if someone wishes to do so.

Beatrice Taylor likes this.
  14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Sometimes they are children, @Lulu Moppet. I have known 14-year-olds who have made a mistake, gone in for counseling, and were hustled off to have an abortion without her parent's consent or knowledge. A minor cannot get a tattoo or have a broken leg set in many jurisdictions without parent or guardian consent. Abortion is allowed and is the exception. It is treated differently from any other surgical procedure.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  15. Lulu Moppet

Registered

I can't dispute what you say regarding 14 year old girls actually in your acquaintance. There is no way to prove the veracity of these statements, it is hearsay. I do know that one reason a parent or guardian is not consulted is because of the likelihood of incest, a revolting act which is more common than we would want to know.

Casey Anthony reported she wanted an abortion. She wasn't a minor. Her mother is said to have harassed her into motherhood. We all know how that went.

Nancy Hart likes this.