Rip 2 More Greats From The Music World

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Holly Saunders, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Glenn Frey one of the founder members and Guitarist from the Eagles, has died age 67...R.I.P

https://www.yahoo.com/music/glenn-f...ies-67-220810564.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

...and Dale griffin...founder Member and Drummer of Mott the Hoople...has also passed aged also just 67 . Ironically Mott the Hoople's biggest hit was All the Young Duded, which was written by the great David Bowie, and gifted to them, to jump start their career way back in 1974 when they were beginning to flounder, and it gave them the shot in the arm they needed.

3 great musicians in one week, all relatively young..gone from us ...someone somewhere in Heaven is looking to have a party...and what a party it will be!!

Thanks for the Music Guys!!!!! R.I.P!! you've earned it!

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

May they all RIP. Dying in your 60's is too young but we have to face the realization that all our favorites of long ago are getting older just like we are and sadly we will hear of more and more.

3. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

I walked over your thread a while ago, Holly... didn't mean to do that! I checked under the Entertainment section and there was nothing there about Glenn so I assumed it hadn't been covered yet.

4. Holly Saunders

Registered

No problem @Mari North I'm the same I find it difficult at times to find new posts here so it's easy to miss something...

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I've been thinking about Celine Dion a lot, also. She has to be struggling with two major losses at the same time. It's difficult enough to deal with one loss, let alone losing two people who've been major parts of your life.

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh I agree wholeheartedly, the pain she must have been going through for the last few years knowing that her devoted husband and father of her children, was suffering so much, and the horror knowing he was very likely to die before the children were grown, and then also to have the weight of the sorrow knowing her brother was also terminally ill must have been indescribable, but then to lose them both within days of each other is just unfathomable to most of us. Thank the lord she is part of a big supportive family (by her own admission), where at least the burden will be shared to a certain degree. Just shows just how money cannot buy you health...it may buy you a longer time, but it will rarely buy you life if it's your fate to leave!

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  7. Will Lawrence

Will Lawrence Veteran Member
    Registered

8. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the sad news about Glenn Frey :(

The Eagles was my second favorite band after CCR, I may say this latter was my childhood days band, and The Eagles the beat of my adolescence. My records collection included of course of the solo Glen Frey's albums.

However, if this wasn't enough, I didn't realize that David Bowie also passed away the week before; another of my favorite rock stars, and the one who challenged me into disobey my parents not wanting to having me hanging posters on the wall with those "extravagant-looking" characters; the times when David Bowie, Alice Cooper and Elton John liked to wear make-up or bizarre outfits.

9. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

hahaha, reading again about our music legends passing by and sadden my heart made me unaware of this offering I second totally :D

Holly Saunders likes this.