Rocketman - Elton John

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Dwight Ward, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't recommend this movie enough. Except for a couple of short homosexual sex scenes I enjoyed it thoroughly. I haven't ever been a big Elton John fan, I think reason being that I heard his best music over a fairly long span of years and didn't consider his music as a whole. That's changed. I paused the movie in the middle and ordered a two cd set of his greatest hits.

I never really considered the combination of Bernie Taupin's brilliant lyrics and Elton John's raucous, beautiful, highly skilled piano work and great floating vocals. My friend Carole Morris turned me on to it. You'll like it. It's on Amazon Prime for free but if you have to pay a little to watch it, do so.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I watched it and enjoyed it, although I have never been an Elton John fan.

Dwight Ward likes this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

No, couldn't watch it - he leaves me totally cold but obviously has a huge fan base

4. Dwight Ward

Registered

Is it because he's a homosexual or do you just not care for his music? Am I being too nosy?

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi - I like a couple of tracks not enough to buy them and as a person he just doesn't appeal to me, so I wouldn't
    watch a concert etc …..

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Wondered if I should watch that. Not favorite music or singer but he does have some good things. I can always skip over the homo scenes.

7. Etta Placer

Etta Placer Well-Known Member
    Registered

I bought an 8-track of his greatest hits in the 70’s and have liked him ever since. I never really liked watching him perform though. I watched the movie a few months ago thinking that I would really enjoy looking back but it was actually heartbreaking. I remember good things about my childhood but I guess that I have blocked out the bad. I am a recovering alcoholic so I could relate to some of what he was going through and it was hard for me to watch. I am glad that you enjoyed it and that it brought you closer to his music because I really like that. Elton John and Bernie Taupin make magic as far as I am concerned.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Dwight Ward

Registered

I like his music. I don't care for his dress or outlandish onstage performance but most of his fans did and they made him millions. He's lately still performing but has lost his high notes and has to have backup singers chime in. I don't know what Bernie Taupin's doing these days.

Net Worth: $500 Million
    Born: March 25, 1947
    Country of Origin: United Kingdom
    Source of Wealth: Professional Singer
    Last Updated: 2020