Rough Edges Of Products And Personality

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Frank Sanoica, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Seems as my skin has become more fragile with age, I find far more objectionable sharp edges and corners lurking around me than in the past, ready to inflict pain and inconvenience. On car doors, handles of various types, countertops, seemingly everywhere. Every metal part I made for my building projects had unnecessary sharp edges and corners rounded. Seems in the past, consumer items did, too. Or is it just me?

People have "rough edges", too. Some express grating disrespect for others, acquaintences and/or strangers alike. I try to "gloss over" my own rough feelings when encountering such people, a process I wish others might reflect upon. I might guess the easy-going among us have lower B.P. as well as heart-attack probabilities.

Frank

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I like to think I'm easy going.....I don't get arsy easily these days.. ..If people have a problem with me, then it's THEIR problem ..not mine. My conscience is clear....I'm not the one causing myself high blood pressure by being aggressive or argumentative . In fact I've never had high BP in my life...despite being an angry younger woman at one time.

Now I just let everyone else wind themselves up into a little knot and I laugh at them...

3. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Holly Saunders
    I am sorry to say, Holly, that I believe no human being alive can truthfully claim absolute purity of conscience. Think about it.....

Frank

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

don't be pedantic Frank...you know what I meant ... :D

5. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Holly Saunders
    Yes, I suspected, but did not know with certainty. Now I do.
    Frank

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I taught meditation /self hypnosis and noticed how those people interact with others. Also how they can lower their own blood pressure.

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  7. Vinny Waccio

Vinny Waccio Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Know what you mean. I have a scar from a nail in a 2x4 scraping my hand. It did not bleed when it happened but you could see it was scratched, Now I have a long scar on the back of my hand. If you think you have it rough, I collect knives and am cleaning a few almost daily, I have cuts all over my fingers, and even my foot and thigh when I dropped a few. Good thing is that my knives are surgical sharp so that they heal real fast and do not require stitches. I keep some clotting material handy and it works like a charm to stop any bleeding.

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, I can be very good in a debate, especially if the debate is about something I really, really believe in. These days, I really watch confrontation towards others...…..I don't want to be shot. Really. But, to a point, I can, and will, "stand my ground" when it comes to my marriage, myself or my wife.

Everyone has their own beliefs about certain things, but that sure doesn't mean I, or my wife, have to have the same beliefs as others. No matter what the subject is, our beliefs are Christian bound.

9. Vinny Waccio

Vinny Waccio Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My beliefs tend to be my own as I find flexibility to work better in a world of diverse beliefs.

Holly Saunders likes this.