Save Time, Do It On-line

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Frank Sanoica, May 4, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Seems every time I change from my life-long pay by mail, for example, to On-line, I run into some kind of foible. Just now, renewing my vehicle license registration, I ran into this imponderable:

• "Please contact MVD if you do not receive your tab and registration in approximately two weeks"
    The "contact MVD" is highlighted in blue: click on it if you do not get your registration in two weeks.

Lower down on the page is this:

• "Please print prior to exiting this page. You will not have an opportunity to return to this page."

OK, I print the page, fail to get the registration, HTH do I click on the highlighted "contact MVD" now that it's gone, and the page irretrievable? Grrrrrrrr!
    How much IMPORTANT stuff do you do on-line?

Frank

Von Jones and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We do plenty of IMPORTANT stuff online; pay bills, place orders, submit/pay taxes, etc. I feel much more confident with electronic transactions than I do the USPS these days.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Pay everything online, including income tax, council tax, Car tax... utility bills...the lot!!

Don Alaska and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

We do a lot online as well, as the distances involved are not friendly and mail is unreliable. We pay a few bills in person, as the offices are near where we go when we visit the nearest town. Fortunately, the Alaska State website is fairly user-friendly, and we can get everything online that does not require a photo or notary. Renewing stuff is easy, and getting hunting and fishing permits are a snap. The license renewal was always easy if you did it 30 days ahead of time. If you waited too long, it wasn't possible. Lucky for us, the state doesn't require renewal if you are over 65 and the borough exempted any vehicle over 8 years old. We are home free since my truck is old, and I claim my wife's car as my primary vehicle. When she turns 65 in 2 years, we will get two vehicles tax free unless the state changes the rules.

5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica when I finally decide to do something online as opposed to in person, via USPS I always get familiar with the website's process then exit out, think about more and then do it. Especially when I see "You will not see this page again." :rolleyes:

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Only thing, that I know of, that we pay online is taxes and our supplement insurance and drug plan. Our monthly Medicare payment comes directly out of our SS payment. Everything else is done thru the mail. Wife will make out a check and send bill out by mail. Have only had a problem once or twice where, due to something with the USPS, where the check didn't get to it's destination on time. Was able to contact the people the check was going to. They ended up getting the check.

However, we have/and do order different things online and pay by credit card.